★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: An endless mountain of untouched snow awaits in this soothing, retro inspired, minimalist skiing simulator.

"One of the most calming iOS games ever developed" - TIME Magazine
"A work of class" - AppSpy
01-02-2015, 05:39 PM
It's a quiet week for new releases, but this is an entertaining high score chaser. Minimalist design, solid controls, Game Center high scores and it's free.

01-02-2015, 11:43 PM
game impressions:
01-07-2015, 02:39 PM
Hey, game creator here. Just wanted to say thanks for posting this and it makes me happy that anybody enjoys the game. I submitted the game to the app store thinking no one would notice and I could update it then promote it, but lots of people noticed!

I have a lot of new modes, features, ideas that I want to add to the game. If anyone has any feedback on anything feel free to post it here.

For example, one feature I was working on is AI characters that show up occasionally and pursue you.
http://thewaterbear.com/obstacle-avoidance-a-i/

PS There are a bunch of bugs in the current app right now, a fix has been submitted to apple and is on the way!
01-07-2015, 04:13 PM
Great game, clean design. I could see this game taking off, especially with some additions.

Are the top scores real?
01-07-2015, 04:31 PM
Shiny!
01-07-2015, 04:38 PM
@bazookaTime Thanks! I don't think the top scores can be real. The highest I got was 1.5k. I read that it could be jailbreakers posting scores to GameCenter? Anyone have experience with combating this?
01-07-2015, 10:49 PM
Awesome work. Absolutely no problems. Simple and effortless, love the design. Very good. More content will make it that much better.

I have also noticed the unreasonable high scores. Probably another hacking, it's unfortunate but common in the gamecenter. Perhaps in-game achievements will provide some realistic goals to keeps players coming back. But either way great game!
01-07-2015, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewaterbear View Post
Hey, game creator here. Just wanted to say thanks for posting this and it makes me happy that anybody enjoys the game. I submitted the game to the app store thinking no one would notice and I could update it then promote it, but lots of people noticed!

I have a lot of new modes, features, ideas that I want to add to the game. If anyone has any feedback on anything feel free to post it here.

For example, one feature I was working on is AI characters that show up occasionally and pursue you.
http://thewaterbear.com/obstacle-avoidance-a-i/

PS There are a bunch of bugs in the current app right now, a fix has been submitted to apple and is on the way!
Haven't picked this up yet, but your post about AI characters was really cool. I have no programming skills (despite my father being a programmer), so I always find the behind the scenes stuff super interesting.

GC & Google Play: Jerutix -- Grace and Peace
01-07-2015, 11:43 PM
Very cool game. The minimalist style and simplistic gameplay design make it perfect for a quick distraction. Just a heads up that enabling the "Bear" from the options menu triggers an IAP prompt for 1.99. Without any indication of what he adds to the gameplay, it seems like .99 would be a more realistic price point for the currently barebones offering, but even without the addition, the game is absolutely worth a test run.