★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Lucid - Tell me this wouldn't be perfect for the iPhone.

09-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Lucid - Tell me this wouldn't be perfect for the iPhone.

This is a game that's still in development for the PC, but the dev was also considering taking it to the iPhone. I mean, tell me the iPhone isn't a perfect platform to bring this type of game to.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by DaveMc99; 09-12-2009 at 10:43 AM.
09-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Send a message via MSN to K7A7O7S Send a message via Yahoo to K7A7O7S
I could see this being pretty cool on the iDevice. Has anyone talked about porting, or is this just a wish of yours?
09-12-2009, 01:58 PM
lol I thought this was about the iPod theme
09-12-2009, 02:07 PM
this game would be great for the idevice but gameplay is similar to azkend and ancient wonderland as in the grouping of the tiles/squares

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
09-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Bomboozle has very similar gameplay where you draw a path of blocks you want to clear. There is also a lite version available (Bomboozle Lite).

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
09-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K7A7O7S View Post
I could see this being pretty cool on the iDevice. Has anyone talked about porting, or is this just a wish of yours?
Well it is a wish of mine, but he has taken it into a consideration. Here's a message he actually sent me through MySpace.

Hey Aldex,

Just saw that you posted the Lucid link. that's cool

I was wondering where those hits were coming from and saw that forum address on my youtube video.

btw, Since the video doesn't tell that clearly what the game logic is exactly you could say it is a "Match-All" logic. unlike some of the match games which let you take any blocks whether they are the whole area in Lucid you must find (or form by clearing surrounding areas) areas that you can "paint" with one line. It is really rewarding and therefore addicting
Test plays have gone well.

The PC version is almost ready and I'm finishing the game and at the same time working with distributors to prepare the launch.

Many people have asked me about the iPhone version, but as you know we can't say anything yet at this stage. Too early and people might get it as an announcement that it is coming any day now.

Thanks for your help!

mikko

So yeah, I'm really hoping he does eventually port it. He also said if he does decide to head in that direction, he'll be joining Touch Arcade .