★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ** Featured in Great Games -- Best of January!
** Featured in Best New Games!

Answer a mayday call from a lone survivor stranded on a derelict spaceship. Use 10+ voice commands to guide your friend to safety through 5 levels of increasing mayhem all while uncovering the terrible secret behind what happened to the crew of the USS Appaloosa.

A "playable story" that is part audio book and part video game, Mayday! Deep Space will take you on a thrilling, frightening trip to the bleeding edge of science fiction -- and shock you with an unforgettable twist in its final moments.

Mayday! Deep Space was created and written by the roboticist-turned-author behind bestselling techno-thrillers such as Robopocalypse, Robogenesis, and How to Survive a Robot Uprising.

"...Mayday! Deep Space introduces a new kind of storytelling..." - IGN.com

"Mayday! will have you hooked, from the first Affirmative til the closing credits." - Gamezebo

"This is a new way to think about games." The Atlantic

"...[an] intimate experience, and one that I can't stop thinking about." - The Verge

"...the first of its kind..." - The Hollywood Reporter

"...the voice acting is some of the best I've ever heard for a mobile game." - Touch Arcade

"...an awesome, thrilling fun time. I highly recommend it." - Scified

Experience 4 completely unique outcomes based on the decisions you make during the game. Will you betray your survivor? Is it worth killing another person for a chance to stay alive? Who is responsible for the atrocities committed aboard this enigmatic ship?

Mayday! Deep Space uses the latest Apple hardware to employ speech recognition that creates a personal interaction between you and your survivor. Using spoken commands, you will calm and guide a distressed survivor who is depending on your voice to live!

The derelict planetary survey ship USS Appaloosa is a treasure trove of astonishing secrets. Discover them as you explore 5 levels of exquisitely mapped decks, including the bridge, hangar bays, crew quarters, airlocks, medical bay, research stations, war rooms and much more.

YOUR SURVIVOR NEEDS YOU... will you answer the call?

[**Please be sure to update to latest iOS version to ensure speech recognition support]

01-06-2015, 12:14 PM
PeteOzzy - YAY!!

\o/ Happy New Year to you.

01-06-2015, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
PeteOzzy - YAY!!

\o/ Happy New Year to you.
Happy New Year matey

I adore the look of this; reminds me of Deadnaut visually. Looking forward to trying this one out and hopefully reviewing it too!
01-06-2015, 12:26 PM
This does look really good... Pretty interested in playing this

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-06-2015, 04:46 PM
This is just one of those games you know is gonna become a classic on the App Store. Even putting aside the entire voice recognition "gimmick" (which works bloody flawlessly by the way), you HAVE to check this out. It's immersive, captivating and screams originality. Not only is the voice acting superb, the sound effects instantly take these little dots you see on your screen and bring them to nightmarish life inside your head. It's a beauty to behold.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
01-06-2015, 05:09 PM
Glad to have ya back Petey!! I missed ya!!
01-07-2015, 05:10 AM
OMG, this looks awesome.

Can you play just with buttons and without the voice commands ? (just to be sureI can actually complete it, English is not my native language).
01-07-2015, 05:32 AM
This makes for a really interesting read on the game:

The VA, concept and Metalcasket's impressions are enough to convince me; 7 days into the new year and there's already one potential GOTY - not too shabby!
01-07-2015, 05:58 AM
2 hours for one playthrough if you believe the article Above - can anyone confirm this please?
01-07-2015, 06:06 AM
Game based on voice recognition... too bad if you have an accent that is incompatible with the Apple voice recognition.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins