★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best offline KRPG for iPad?

01-07-2015, 02:35 AM
#1
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 328
Best offline KRPG for iPad?

I'm looking for a good KRPG on iPad that is still relevant. Important things are that it is an action game with solid RPG elements, and it can be played offline.

Suggestions? Thanks much.
01-07-2015, 03:13 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by modus_ataraxia View Post
I'm looking for a good KRPG on iPad that is still relevant. Important things are that it is an action game with solid RPG elements, and it can be played offline.
Across Age 2 is a good KRPG without online connection needed and is premium (zero IAPs).

As for non KRPG that fits the description in quote in bold above...

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Bastion
Battleheart Legacy
Wayward Souls

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 01-07-2015 at 03:17 AM.
01-07-2015, 05:37 AM
#3
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Across Age 2 is a good KRPG without online connection needed and is premium (zero IAPs).

As for non KRPG that fits the description in quote in bold above...

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Bastion
Battleheart Legacy
Wayward Souls
Thanks much for the suggestions. I checked out a video for Across Age 2. It definitely looks similar to what I'm looking for, but after seeing videos for games like EpicHeart Plus (servers discontinued) and Zenonia 3, I feel like the game I'm trying to find has at least those production values. Hence KRPG.

I already own Monster Hunter 3U (amazing), Bastion (also great), and Wayward Souls, so you've got good taste. I'm not a fan of Battleheart's art style or its (assumed) clunkiness, though. I hear it's highly recommended, but it's not quite doing it for me, you know?

I feel like Across Age is getting there, but isn't quite what I'm after. Something quicker, with more flashy attacks and anime style, perhaps? Assuming such a thing exists without being online-only.
01-08-2015, 05:11 AM
#4
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,193
I saw you recommend Crimsonheart in another thread and i thought you already knew about that since IMO it's one of the best KRPGs on iOS. Have you also tried Master of Dungeon and Stone of Life?
01-08-2015, 05:22 AM
#5
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I saw you recommend Crimsonheart in another thread and i thought you already knew about that since IMO it's one of the best KRPGs on iOS. Have you also tried Master of Dungeon and Stone of Life?
Yeah, I ended up finding that one, and trying it out. It met all of my requirements I outlined here, so I thought I'd pass the info on to others who were looking for the same thing. So far it's pretty fun.

MoD looked a bit bare bones and bland to me, but SoL seems like it could be quite good. Is there an online requirement? I'll probably look into it further if it can be played offline.

Last edited by modus_ataraxia; 01-08-2015 at 05:28 AM.