★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** Featured in "Best New Games" US, UK, Ireland and Canada ***

Fancy a tightrope walk at 10,000 feet? How about snowboarding off an infinity edge mountain? These are just a few of the death defying feats required in the rolling ball platformer that is Iron Ball Ride. Don't let the peaceful mountain top setting fool you. This obstacle course in the clouds is black diamond rated in difficulty. The game requires precision timing and serious gaming chops to master the 40 levels.

Just when you get the hang of navigating the ball through hairpin turns, around crates and up steep inclines, they up the ante with a razor thin track, banked ramps and stop on a dime floating platforms. There are high speed descents, scattered obstacles requiring thread the needle maneuverability, daredevil jumps and unseen dangers ready to throw you off course at every turn. Miscalculate the speed and momentum or be too slow slamming on the brakes and your ball winds up in the purple abyss.

Those up to the challenge posed by this devilishly difficult game will enjoy the following features:

Easy, one finger swipe ball control
Game Center challenges and leaderboards
Intuitive language neutral settings
Unlimited opportunities to replay a level without penalty
Untimed play which allows for strategizing moves
Multiple paths to success on some challenges
Inventive and more treacherous tasks at every turn like rolling across moving floors, dropping through trapdoors, bouncing across moguls, navigating precipitous drops and triggering lights in seemingly unreachable places.
Non-violent, ad-free interface suitable for kids 9+ and kids at heart

Please contact us with feedback at WeListen@crocostudio.com. Wed love to hear from you.
01-07-2015, 12:23 PM
Judging by the screens and the description sounds pretty decent, especially for the price. Might try it out later today.

01-08-2015, 05:10 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Croco
Iron Ball Ride (by Croco Studio)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
MKFP7N99WRNE. Thank you

I really like this type of game genre.

At first, I thought it was more zen like. The ball just rolled where you directed it to go. And; I knew that I would become bored quickly.

Well, needless to say, my first impression was quite wrong. The beginning was very easy to show me how the game works.
You will have to figure out when the ball should go faster or slower. You will have to jump areas that the bottom is missing, make hairpin turns, go across moving floors... It will become challenging.

Instead of the expected virtual knob in the corner or the tilt control, Iron Ball Ride uses finger swipes. It might take a minute or two to get used to it, but once you do, it's fairly smooth.
As the ball rolls, you must keep swiping forward as if you are actually rolling it. King of like flicking or pushing a marble forward. Depending on the turns, is whether you make a complete right or left turn, or just towards an angle. So, it's not that you are swiping it into another virtual lane, as would be familiar in other obstacle games using swipe controls, it's more like you are rolling into any area of the floor you are on. Gee... I hope that made sense!! LOL Oh.. and if you are going up hill, just like a real ball, if could come back down if you are not rolling it! he he
It looks and feels live the dev put a lot of work into the physics aspect of Iron Ball Ride. With that, and the 3D-ish graphics, there's a sense of realism.

The game is listed in the App Store as being for kids ages 9 to 11. But I really believe that this is an 'all ages' game. In the App Store, I see that the other apps made by the same dev/company are educational and kids apps. And truthfully; if I didn't have kids, I might not have looked at the game. Which would have been unfortunate, because Iron Ball Maze is now one of my favorites!

Many thanks for the review Lavender, much appreciated!
Hey everybody, I will post additional Codes later, under the Promo Codes and Contests section and please, if you are interested, take just a minute to write an honest review.
01-08-2015, 10:50 AM
9XNTFMT4FLYR - taken

Thanks!
Gonna go check it out now.
01-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco View Post
Many thanks for the review Lavender, much appreciated!
Hey everybody, I will post additional Codes later, under the Promo Codes and Contests section and please, if you are interested, take just a minute to write an honest review.
You are very welcome. I am so sorry I didn't read the part about putting it in this thread. Thanks for doing it for me!
Good luck with your game.
It really is a great one.
01-09-2015, 03:30 AM
Thanks for the promo earlier.
I really enjoyed playing this game. The physics are great and the levels are fun and challenging. It's relaxing and tense at the same time. I love it that you do not have to worry about any penalties and you don't have to freak out if you missed the last part of a section because the checkpoint system within each level gate works so well you will most likely start at the small section that you just missed. I would love it if the background would move or maybe shift in color or something.
01-11-2015, 06:38 AM
Hi! I am one of the developers of Iron Ball Ride.

I'd like to thank all of you who have downloaded the game already and helped us get some attention. You've made a difference and now Apple decided to feature us in Best New Games category in US and Canada.

Feel free to continue review our game - good or bad. Feedback is always welcome and gives us strength to improve ourselves.

See you rollin'
02-09-2015, 05:19 AM
Now with video

Hi everybody,

Just a quick mention of our new app video preview!Thank you all!

02-09-2015, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco View Post
Hi everybody,

Just a quick mention of our new app video preview!Thank you all!

YouTube: video
Looks like a fun game. Always was a fan of Marble Blast Ultra on Xbox Arcade and this one looks to be similar. Any chance of this getting Game Center?
02-10-2015, 05:28 AM
Hi,

Yes, we are actually working on adding Game Center capabilities among other new stuff. Thanks!