★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Shoggoth Rising by dreipol GmbH $0.99 -> FREE

01-08-2015, 09:23 AM
#1
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,493
Shoggoth Rising by dreipol GmbH $0.99 -> FREE



Game Center: sink_or_swim
01-08-2015, 09:41 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,194
Syntheticvoid bumped this game's thread recently noting the ads in the game and i found out it was still on a price tag. Maybe this turned the game into freemium?

01-08-2015, 11:14 AM
#3
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 7
Send a message via Skype™ to hellphil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Syntheticvoid bumped this game's thread recently noting the ads in the game and i found out it was still on a price tag. Maybe this turned the game into freemium?
Seems to be a caching issue in the iTunes App store. We made the game free in the hopes that we reach a broader audience. The ads in the game are minimal and do not interfere with the gameplay.
Have fun playing it!

phil
01-08-2015, 11:15 AM
#4
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellphil View Post
Seems to be a caching issue in the iTunes App store. We made the game free in the hopes that we reach a broader audience. The ads in the game are minimal and do not interfere with the gameplay.
Have fun playing it!

phil
Any IAP to remove ads.
01-08-2015, 11:19 AM
#5
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 7
Send a message via Skype™ to hellphil
Nope, not at the moment.
Although we consider implementing IAP in the future depending on how much income we generate through the ads. As already noted, we kept the ads as unobtrusive as possible (we do not like them either).
01-08-2015, 12:34 PM
#6
Joined: Sep 2014
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,328
this is looking pretty great! i didn't notice it until it went free, check it out if you like tapping games.
01-08-2015, 01:09 PM
#7
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
this is looking pretty great! i didn't notice it until it went free, check it out if you like tapping games.
Uh... You might give the wrong idea saying "tapping games" with the existence of clickers.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-08-2015, 01:15 PM
#8
Joined: Sep 2014
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,328
E-P, did i say something wrong? maybe they are different genre, i don't know the clickers.

Clickers are like tap titan where you tap without any aim just as fast as possible?
Anyway in this game obviously you need to tap at the monsters, not anywhere you want.. hope this helps.
01-08-2015, 05:50 PM
#9
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 13
Bought this ages ago, possibly one of the best games I've ever bought.
01-13-2015, 08:55 PM
#10
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 4
Beating Shoggoth

Finished the 20 levels in a few hours. The ending is anti-climactic. The shoggoth appears but you only shoot tentacles and not the head.

Last edited by joekrismas; 01-13-2015 at 09:34 PM.