★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ***To celebrate Beartrap Games turning 3, we've reduced the price for a limited time!***
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
'...a bonkers, one-finger arcade swipe-and-tap-athon with plenty of big explosions, bright colours, and frantic battles...' - Pocket Gamer!

'Strategic Twist On The Classic Shooter Genre' - Indie Game Mag!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the Arcade world of Sky Patrol - a fast-paced combat game at your fingertips.

Become the eye in the sky and protect an allied convoy as it makes its way through hostile enemy territory.

Are you trigger happy or one of the fortunate ones with 20:20 precision? Either way, in the heat of battle there will be dozens of enemies and targets to take care of at once lets just hope you can handle the SKY PATROL challenge!

With strategic weapon deployment and path creation, you have direct control over offensive and defensive weapons. So its your job to make sure that everything hits the target no excuses!

We wont lie to you; its never going to be an easy flight! Dont panic though, youll have a multitude of destructive weapons to play with - each more powerful and explosive than the last.

See you on the other sidehopefully!

KEY FEATURES:
Frantic Arcade Action
50 Explosive Levels with more on its way!
5 Devilishly Dangerous End of Level Bosses!
Gloriously Destructive Weapons!
Easy to Play Unbelievably Difficult to Master!
Hours and Hours (and yep hours!) of Amazing Arcade Gaming with NO Extra Costs!

BEARTRAP GAMES ARE ON A MISSION TO 'BRING ARCADE BACK'! FIND OUT MORE HERE:
Like Us: www.facebook.com/BeartrapGames
Follow Us: www.twitter.com/BeartrapGames
Contact Us: games@beartrapgames.com
01-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Looks interesting. Just bought it, downloading now. Impressions soon.

Currently playing: AG Drive, Flop Rocket, Space Marshals, Strategic Defence, Drone: Shadow Strike, Kill Shot, MetalStorm: Aces, CounterSpy, Spiral Ep:1, ARC Squadron, Sector Strike, FullBlast, Land Air Sea Warfare HD, Machines at War 3, MechCom

01-08-2015, 10:43 AM
It's a cute little Missile Defense style time waster. Draw a line from the bottom of the screen to launch missiles to protect your plane from incoming missiles. It's alright, definitely good looking, but I'm not sure I would have paid $1.99 for it had I played it prior to purchasing. Honestly I probably wouldn't have bought it at all. It's not bad, I just don't see myself playing it all that much.

Currently playing: AG Drive, Flop Rocket, Space Marshals, Strategic Defence, Drone: Shadow Strike, Kill Shot, MetalStorm: Aces, CounterSpy, Spiral Ep:1, ARC Squadron, Sector Strike, FullBlast, Land Air Sea Warfare HD, Machines at War 3, MechCom
01-08-2015, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimstone82 View Post
It's a cute little Missile Defense style time waster. Draw a line from the bottom of the screen to launch missiles to protect your plane from incoming missiles. It's alright, definitely good looking, but I'm not sure I would have paid $1.99 for it had I played it prior to purchasing. Honestly I probably wouldn't have bought it at all. It's not bad, I just don't see myself playing it all that much.
Yeah, as much I hate to admit it, I feel the exact same way about the game. There's nothing wrong with it, per se, but I just don't see myself playing it all that much.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
01-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimstone82 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Yeah, as much I hate to admit it, I feel the exact same way about the game. There's nothing wrong with it, per se, but I just don't see myself playing it all that much.
Aawww shucks It looked good though!

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.
01-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Aawww shucks It looked good though!
Haha, I literally copied Grimstone's last sentence word for word.

Dudes, if you're into Missile Defense type games, right off the bat I can tell you this is one of the best of them on the App Store. It doesn't even take 5 minutes of playing to start balancing attacks by 3 different enemy types with 3 different weapons and all. It's really, really cool...it's just...gah, I dunno.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
01-08-2015, 11:10 AM
Quote:

Dudes, if you're into Missile Defense type games, right off the bat I can tell you this is one of the best of them on the App Store. It doesn't even take 5 minutes of playing to start balancing attacks by 3 different enemy types with 3 different weapons and all. It's really, really cool...it's just...gah, I dunno.
Missing that "special something' that makes you want to play it for more than 5 minutes? I understand don't worry

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.
01-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Quote:

Lol I wouldn't have noticed if you didn't point that out

But yeah, it's not a bad game, there's just nothing there that makes me want to keep playing. My favorite missile defense game is Eve of Impact. I still play it probably once a week. It's vastly different than this game though.

01-08-2015, 12:46 PM
Official Trailer:

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
01-08-2015, 04:41 PM
The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2