★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Great turn based game suggestions

01-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Great turn based game suggestions

Hi All,
I'm looking for a turn based strategy game that can be played over weeks between two or more players (mutiple phones). Something that turns can be completed, then sits perhaps for a few days between people doing their moves. Is there anything out there that you would suggest?

Thanks a bunch!
01-08-2015, 02:53 PM
Outwitters sounds the closest to what you want. I never played it a ton, but it's pretty cool and still active I believe.
Also, Ravenmark: Mercenaries is excellent.

01-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Cool, I will check them out, thanks
01-08-2015, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHEM View Post
Cool, I will check them out, thanks
No problem. I hope you like them ( or at least one of them).
01-09-2015, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Hi All,
I'm looking for a turn based strategy game that can be played over weeks between two or more players (mutiple phones). Something that turns can be completed, then sits perhaps for a few days between people doing their moves. Is there anything out there that you would suggest?

Thanks a bunch!
RAD Soldiers. It's got a card based system now, which I feel messes with the learning curve for new players, but whatever.
01-09-2015, 10:06 AM
Reiner Knizia's Samurai is a turn based board game with a deep scoring system and interesting strategies. I haven't played in a while but there was a group of us on TA that used to have several games going at a time and some could take four or five days to finish. Good times, makes me want to break it back out. Red Conquest is another but I believe it only has local multiplayer.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
01-09-2015, 11:03 AM
Hero Academy is sort of similar to Outfitters. Some like it better, some like it worse. It was the more successful game, but you can probably still get matches with strangers on either game easily enough.

The recommendation for RAD soldiers is maybe bad for casual friends because whoever plays more will unlock more stuff. Hero Academy and Outfitters don't have that problem.

Of course, there are games like Words with Friends as well.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale
01-09-2015, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks a bunch!
Try the Playdek titles

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-10-2015, 01:26 PM
Disappointed to not see great big war game not listed. Or Combat Monsters if you want even more depth. Links in sig.
01-10-2015, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
Disappointed to not see great big war game not listed. Or Combat Monsters if you want even more depth. Links in sig.
Thanks rubicon. I've been looking for an advanced war type game and great little war looks similar