★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Immerse yourself in the dark world of fantasy and myth! Stormfall: Rise of Balur delivers epic battles in one of the most challenging and popular MMO strategy games available for iOS!

The empire of Stormfall has fallen, and rival warlords join the battle across the continent as an ancient evil rises once again. You have been chosen to defend and protect the lands of Darkshire, and lead your people and your army through these dark times and into the light.

For the first time, this popular free strategy game has been brought to mobile as a standalone, epic, multiplayer adventure, featuring groundbreaking graphics and genre-defining gameplay. Attack enemies, forge alliances and gather resources as you defend your castle from constant enemy attacks whilst simultaneously building and expanding your empire. Carefully plan your strategy and join clans in order to defeat rival leagues in this ultimate MMORPG.

NOTE: Stormfall: Rise of Balur is completely free to play, however some game items can also be purchased for real money. If you don't want to use these items, please disable in-app purchases in your device's settings.

**Our reviews speak for themselves:**

Better than Game of War 5/5
by Fjghjt - Version - 1.65 - Feb 14, 2015
For one thing this game looks much nicer than GOW. On top of that, there is more opportunity for players to both grow and accomplish goals without spending a lot of money.

Love it!! 5/5
by Katekhait - Version - 1.64.2 - Jan 9, 2015
I was playing clash of clans, but then saw stormfall in the AppStore. Don't think I'll ever open CoC again - Stormfall graphics are amazing!!! I just love these flying dragons and lazy orcs! Totally recommend!

Stormfall 5/5
by Longwei Saint - Version - 1.66 - Mar 22, 2015
This is better than clash of the clans. I am really kinda leery when it comes to these type games. This is really an amazing game, the graphics are incredible.

Very good 5/5
by CaliGirl2Win93 - Version - 1.65 - Feb 7, 2015
Better than Game of War and Empire Z! 5 stars

**FEATURES**

FREE TO PLAY
Available in the following languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese and Russian
Exceptional artwork, graphics and gameplay
Recruit giant armies, raid endless castles and defend your empire
Exciting PVP battles pit your armies against other players from around the world, master strategy, diplomacy and join forces with great League to defeat your rivals.
Popular MMORPG free to play with thousands of clans to join.
Forge diplomatic and strategic alliances with millions of online players, from around the world, all in real time.
Raid, attack and defend in order to defeat your enemies in ongoing battles and wars.
Earn bonus rewards just for commanding your troops each day.
Role playing game adventures and missions, deep level strategy

NOTE! Stormfall: Rise of Balur is a standalone mobile game and is completely independent from the web and social Stormfall servers.
Please give us your feedback to help us make it even better!

toptrops's comments:

Stormfall: Rise of Balur

Plarium Global Ltd
Genres: Games Strategy Action
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Step into a dark world of fantasy and myth! Stormfall: Rise of Balur is one of the most challenging, polished MMO strategy games available for iOS!

The empire of Stormfall has fallen, and rival warlords join battle across the continent as an ancient evil rises once again. You have been chosen. It falls to you to lead your people and your army; to drag them through these dark times and into the light. Only you can stand against the gathering forces of darkness and reunite the lands of Darkshine once again.

For the first time, the popular Stormfall franchise has been brought to mobile as a standalone, epic adventure, featuring groundbreaking graphics and genre-defining gameplay.

Stormfall: Rise of Balur delivers a fully-featured MMO experience, designed and optimized for iOS devices. Remember: this is an online game, and requires a working internet connection to play.

NOTE: Stormfall: Rise of Balur is completely free to play, however some game items can also be purchased for real money. If you don't want to use these items, please disable in-app purchases in your device's settings.

5/5 "It's not just a game; it's a place to meet, and to talk, and to get to know people for real!"
5/5 "I love fantasy games, books and films, which is lucky for me, as this game reminds me a lot of both Game of Thrones and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy."
5/5 "I never thought I'd play a MOBILE MMO that had as many features as something you'd play on your PC. I'm surprised, but I'm loving it."

**FEATURES**

- FREE TO PLAY -
English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese, and Russian.
Some of the best artwork and graphics currently available in mobile gaming.
Recruit giant armies of Barbarians, Paladins, Shades, Dragons, Necromancers and more to march under your banner.
Exciting PVP battles Pit your armies against other players from around the world, using strategy and cunning to come out on top.
Earn bonus rewards just for commanding your troops each day.
Battle for control of locations Fight for control of Darkshine and claim your territory!
Play just a few minutes every day to earn free Sapphires and Resources.
Exciting online strategy gameplay lets you play in a way that fits your own style. Go it alone, team up with their friends in powerful alliances, or make your moves from the shadows everything is up to you!

NOTE! Stormfall: Rise of Balur is a standalone mobile game and is completely independent from the web and social Stormfall servers.
Please give us your feedback to help us make it even better!

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone5c
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone5
  • iPhone4S
  • iPhone4
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadThirdGen4G

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 77.4MB

01-08-2015, 02:35 PM
Game Impressions

01-08-2015, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plarium Global Ltd
Stormfall: Rise of Balur is one of the most challenging, polished MMO strategy games available for iOS!
Dudes, show, don't tell (one of the basic tenets of contemporary marketing).

(The game does indeed look polished, even if not my type of game, so I'm not challenging your claim But I'd advice you to focus your app description on presenting the strengths and primary draws of the game, instead of vouching for the quality of your own product.)

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
01-15-2015, 01:14 AM
That's a hell of a trailer for a movie that you aren't making. What's the game look like?
01-15-2015, 03:50 AM
The art is impressive! I wish there was more in-game screens. I don't have any idea of the gameplay.
01-15-2015, 03:52 AM
I'm gonna pass, it's definitely not my cup of tea as any free to play game, but I just wanted to say how hard I laughed watching the trailer and saw the main heroine fighting in her panties. Mostly during the first cut and close-up to her ass. I just can't take it seriously :-D

Game Center / Google Play Games -> macplash
01-15-2015, 03:01 PM
I do worry for the women in these games who have to go into battle wearing insubstantial armour, whereas the men are always encased in more steel than even the most diligent Health & Safety Officer would deem necessary. Is this due to negligence on the part of the armour suppliers, or something more sinister?
I'd've hoped that inequalities in workplace/battlefield conditions would've become a thing of the past by now, but it looks like there's still a very long way to go before women have truly broken through the 'glass ceiling'.