★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Are you ready to go on an amazing arcade adventure? Sure you are!

Join Ethel the Valkyrie, Brian the Barbarian and Dave the Shepherd in an epic battle against an incredible evil! And sheep! And clowns! And sheep! And a pirate! And some doggies*! But mainly sheep.

SIMPLE, ADDICTIVE GAMEPLAY! Think Zelda crossed with Peggle! Just tap once and watch loads of stuff explode on screen. You will probably be one of those things!

AMAZING PIXEL ART! Drawn by Army of Trolls, one of the art form's grand masters. He's basically like Picasso, if Picasso was weirdly infatuated with SNES graphics.

TEN HUGE LEVELS! Viewed from far enough away to appear very small!

A WHOLE BUNCH OF ENEMIES! I mean, I havent counted them, but there are really quite a lot. Im going to say 30 here. It could be more. Like 32? Really, it's 50? Wow. Loads anyway.

INCREDIBLE MUSIC FROM PIXELEE! Like, it is actually good. You should totally turn it on next time youre at home or have headphones in. Also, if you play it backwards on your turntable, you can hear Paul McCartney urging you to buy in app purchases.

HATS! There are some hats to win. In the game. Not real hats. Game hats. Yay hats!

HI SCORES! Take on Instant Hero alone, or battle for high-score with your friends and co-workers and whoever else you persuaded to accept your Game Center requests. There are also some amazingly fun achievements to do.

DAVE THE SHEPHERD! Hi, Dave the shepherd here, I just wanted to say hi and, you know, make sure you were all doing ok. Ive been having a great time recently, couldnt be happier if Im honest. Anyway, you should come by my house once you get the game! Just be careful to avoid the hang on my phone's ringing. Hold that thought!

BORING BIT! Instant Hero is totally free to play, but you can buy some stuff inside it if you want to, with real money. There's also a metric ton of ads, but here's the deal - if you buy even one IAP, the game will automatically strip them out. Forever!

Oh, and if you have any issues with the game, or want to send us cookies or marriage proposals, you can find us on Twitter (www.twitter.com/instantherogame) or facebook (www.facebook.com/instantherogame)

*Look, sorry, we lied about the doggies. But there are kittens**!

**Tigers are kittens, right?

Big Ideas's comments:
Instant Hero

Instant Hero has just been released onto the App Store, free for all iOS devices, and we're really excited to see what you Touch Arcade guys make of it.

Have you got what it takes to defeat foul monsters, explore twisted pirate ships and crazy circuses, and to pay Dave the Shepherd back for accidentally slaughtering all his sheep in the opening cut-scene?

Instant Hero is a sort of cross between Zelda and Peggle, and it involves dying. A Lot. You can also win hats. Hats are cool, right? You can also play as a girl or a guy, cos, like, girls are awesome too.

The game features awesome pixel art from Army of Trolls, one of the masters of the form. He worked on this right after completing Scram Kitty on the Wii U, and his work is just gorgeous. It's also got an awesomely catchy soundtrack. Oh, and achievements and secret cutscenes to discover, and all that fun stuff.

It's free to download, but ad-supported - however you can turn off the ads PERMANENTLY for a tiny IAP. Can't say fairer than that - some of us have gotta eat y'know.

Basically, just download it. You'll love it. Here's a trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

And some more screenshots:

01-08-2015, 09:48 PM

01-08-2015, 11:58 PM
Woah! Downloading now!
01-09-2015, 06:28 AM
O_o
Downloading.
'Give me a fiver for a cab, I need to be in FF15 in 20 minutes' made my day
01-09-2015, 12:32 PM
This is a lot of fun. Requires some patience, timing, and luck.

Got to the third level after several tries.
01-09-2015, 01:38 PM
Looks fun. You can do better than that icon.
01-09-2015, 04:28 PM
I tried to get into this, but with no progression scheme and a low chance at making it very far, I just couldn't get into a groove There's a cool premise here, but the often too random a death just kills this short of being fun long enough to say, "Now that was was a game"

Maybe if less of the enemies that insta kill your guy are populated on the screen, it would allow getting further into the game for a larger audience. I think u guys might miss some of those who would stick around if it were a bit easier is all
01-09-2015, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief78 View Post
I tried to get into this, but with no progression scheme and a low chance at making it very far, I just couldn't get into a groove There's a cool premise here, but the often too random a death just kills this short of being fun long enough to say, "Now that was was a game"

Maybe if less of the enemies that insta kill your guy are populated on the screen, it would allow getting further into the game for a larger audience. I think u guys might miss some of those who would stick around if it were a bit easier is all
Mr thoughts exactly
01-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecan View Post
Mr thoughts exactly
And mine. I enjoyed my first few plays then it got boring doing the same thing and lasting two to three rounds. So I deleted it.

Formerly: oooooomonkey.
Gamecentre: Sexy Pirate Arrr
Some Fav Games: ElementalWings, RoverCraftRacing, SaturdayMorningRPG, SpecialTacticsOnline, TheBikingDead, WrestlingRevolution.
01-09-2015, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Pirate View Post
And mine. I enjoyed my first few plays then it got boring doing the same thing and lasting two to three rounds. So I deleted it.
After playing through dozens of times. I'm agreeing as well. I can get to level 3 pretty easily. But that's where it ends. There's no progression to keep me interested. Only the constant addition of coins to unlock new hats.

It needs more. More control over your character. More rewards. More opportunities to get further.