★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: SPECIAL PRICE
50% OFF (USD 7.99 -> USD 3.99)!!!!

Who will survive, dragons or humans?

100 years ago, dragons were defeated by humans, and the world became peaceful.
However, one day, the main character in the story hears a rumor about the dragons which were supposed to be extinct, and comes across a mysterious young girl...
A dragon-hunting RPG where you can enjoy freestyle battles, using a wide range of skills, and the unique 'Rotation' system!

- Rotation Battles
When choosing an action during battles, in addition to the standard commands, you can change the battle setting between 'Rotation' and 'Stay'. If you choose 'Rotation', at the end of the character's action, the positions of all the members of the party will change. If you choose 'Stay', the characters' positions will not change.

When selecting actions, the order of the following turns is displayed on the right of the screen, so it is possible to change enemies' positions appropriately. For example, when an enemy is going to attack, you can bring a character with high defensive strength to the vanguard, and conversely, you can move a character with low defensive strength to the rearguard.

- Ruin Mode
In a normal attack, you can launch a Downshot, in which you can choose one of three attack points. If you manage to hit the enemy's weakpoint, a critical attack is unleashed. In addition, if you succeed with a Downshot three times, your Ruin Gauge will reach its maximum value, and you will be able to make use of the powerful Ruin Mode.
In Ruin Mode, you can summon special sub-characters, and make use of powerful skills. If you use these well, it is possible to inflict huge damage in a single attack.

*This game features some in-app-purchase content. While in-app-purchase content requires additional fees, by no means it is necessary for finishing the game.
*The actual price might differ depending on the region.

PeteOzzy's comments:

01-09-2015, 01:51 AM
Oh this looks nice but the trailer they have up on the app store doesn't really show much..

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar

01-09-2015, 02:37 AM
This must be from the same guys that made the tank and mech RPGs. From the trailer, it looks like this has choppy animations.

Here's gameplay by WishingTikal on what looks like an Android Emulator:

Recording's kinda meh but I think it really does have choppy animations. Here's part 2:

Youtube link | Pop Up

You'll find the other parts in WishingTikal's channel.

Game Center/Steam/PSN: Echoen
How to: embed [youtube] vids | Using [AppInfo]
My Youtube channel
01-09-2015, 02:41 AM
Thanks for the videos. Darn the animations are disappointing. I like the art and designs but seeing them in motion is not so good. And the static enemies don't help either.

Too bad because the tank RPG was well received and it seemed good from the bits I played.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
01-09-2015, 04:56 AM
Ugh, Magitec. Starting to like them even less than WWS lately. I should have the review for Revenant Saga up early next week and then I'll get this one done as soon as possible. Not expecting much, to be honest, after the trainwreck that was Shelterra.
01-09-2015, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Musgrave View Post
Ugh, Magitec. Starting to like them even less than WWS lately. I should have the review for Revenant Saga up early next week and then I'll get this one done as soon as possible. Not expecting much, to be honest, after the trainwreck that was Shelterra.
Revenant is solid. I hope you at least enjoyed that one. I did!

But i agree, these Magitec ones are just Weird in terms of quality.

01-09-2015, 10:02 AM
Magitec not worth
01-09-2015, 11:08 PM
Can someone who is familiar with these Kotobuki RPGs tell me which of them are the best?

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
01-09-2015, 11:13 PM
Asdivine Hearts is the best.
01-10-2015, 08:54 AM
Asdivine is great. The Alphadia series is pretty good too