Universal DUO! A memory game where making pairs is not enough anymore

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Adam 2D, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Adam 2D

Adam 2D Member

May 9, 2014
    CEO & Creative Director
    Oslo, Norway
    #1 Adam 2D, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    Hi guys,

We are really excited to tell you about the release of our new game (February 5th, 2015), called DUO! A memory game where making pairs is not enough anymore (or just DUO! yes we are maximizing our keywords for the ASO).

We are Thinkin 2D a small indie dev Studio based in Oslo, Norway and Paris, France. We wanted to share with all of you some of our Promo codes to let you try it and let us know what do you think about it.

But first, let me talk about the game:

Let's Play DUO!

Take a journey through multiple worlds to explore new challenges and solve mind-stimulating puzzles. To advance, stay concentrated and remember each move you make.

Features:
    ★ Logic and memory improvement
    ★ Fun for kids from 5 to 95
    ★ 100+ unique levels
    ★ Sleek 2D graphics and animations
    ★ Relaxing puzzle game that encourage concentration
    ★ Lots of exciting bonuses
    ★ Challenge family and friends
    ★ 18 cool badges to collect

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are 5 Promo codes:
    REYYF3WKTWA7
    73TEJ4R6PJKW
    K7AJMTLAR6JT
    34EFXPEK9WJN
    4TPLEMT643WY

And you can also sign-up in the official website to get a beta version of DUO!

Thanks for all the support guys!!!
    Adam Nasri, CEO & Creative Director at Thinkin 2D

2. Adam 2D

Adam 2D Member

May 9, 2014
    CEO & Creative Director
    Oslo, Norway
  3. Gin freecs

Gin freecs New Member

Jan 12, 2015
    Hi Adam

your game looks really great. Do you think you can give us more Promo code please?

Thanks Gin :)

4. Adam 2D

Adam 2D Member

May 9, 2014
    CEO & Creative Director
    Oslo, Norway
    New promo code for DUO!

Hi Gin,

Thanks for your reply. I have some Promo code left, so I will be nice and give away some!

Here 3 promo codes:
    X99WE3ELRFKH
    MEWY4MR3X3X3
    Y3HM47YNERHN

Don't forget to give me some feedback guys,
    Thanks
    Adam

5. greenleaf

greenleaf Well-Known Member

May 17, 2014
    Student
    Charlotte, NC
    #5 greenleaf, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    I took Y3HM47YNERHN. Looking forward to trying this out!

And my wife just grapped the second code (hope that isnt a jerk move). We are big puzzle fans :)

6. Adam 2D

Adam 2D Member

May 9, 2014
    CEO & Creative Director
    Oslo, Norway
    Awesome greenleaf!
    Tell me what you think about it ;-)

7. greenleaf

greenleaf Well-Known Member

May 17, 2014
    Student
    Charlotte, NC
    Here are my super-initial impressions of the game. I will spend some more time with it in the next few days.

Pros:
    - Very similar to the matching card game I grew up with. Gameplay is not complicated.
    - I like the color scheme. Has a slightly minimalist feel (which I am partial to).
    - I can see the boosters being good long term to mix the gameplay up enough so it doesn't get boring.

Cons:
    - When I started the app in landscape mode, the game didn't take up the whole screen. Rather, it stayed in portrait mode, but only took up a third of the screen. I had to close the app and restart it in portrait mode to get it to work properly. Also, during the initial trial (in which the game wouldn't take up the whole screen), the app asked me to like it on Facebook and Twitter (which I don't usually do) and it wouldn't allow me to exit out of this feedback screen. This may just have to do with the whole portrait/landscape bug thing.
    - Can you only unlock the the special levels by using coins? If so, there should be a way to unlock them through progression as well (or else this may turn in to a pay-to-win model).
    - When I wanted to restart a level it said that I could, but it would cost me a life. What is the point of lives? Will I have to buy lives once I run out of the ones I am initially given? Why would I restart a level and use a life rather than just finishing the puzzle. I would like to restart a level, but not if I have to use a life.
    - Also, when I went to the menu to restart the level, one of the options is "no, I continue." I think it should say "continue" or "no, continue."
    - I think you should be able to reach three stars in a level without having to use boosters. I was able to do this on one level, but I got really lucky with guessing. If you have to use boosters to get three stars, I think this is unfair. I say this because I was pairing cards as fast as I could, but it didn't seem fast enough. I think you should get one star for completing the level. Two for doing it in under thirty seconds, three start for under 15 seconds (or something like that).

I think that is all I have for now. I do want to say thank you for letting me they this. I will definitely try some more over the next few days. And I don't want it to seem like I didn't like the game, I think it is fun and engaging and I like the different challenges per level. I know that I am off put by boosters and the like in any game, so take those critiques with a grain of salt. Good job!

- greenleaf

8. Adam 2D

Adam 2D Member

May 9, 2014
    CEO & Creative Director
    Oslo, Norway
    Hi greenleaf,

thank you very much for your quick feedback, it's really interesting.

- What device did you use to get the bug? We also just find out the same bug this week on iPad air, we are working on it right now.

- About the special levels we tried to be understandable but I see it's not enough. You can see below the special level the number of stars you have on the total number of stars that you must have to unlock special levels. It means to unlock the special levels you have to get 3 stars in all the 12 "normal" levels to unlock the special levels or pay with golds if you are lazy.
    - If you play more you will see. If you don't reach the goal you will loose a life but if you reach it you will not loose it and when you don't have any lives anymore you have to wait 30 minutes to spin the wheel to recover lives!
    - Thanks for the "continue" we will change it.
    - When you did the first tutorial in the last step we said that if you make the most pairs in a row you will get a higher score. It means that we wanted to be different about the score and instead of trying to reach the goal as fast as possible you need to make the pairs in a row. Here is a small tuto : http://iplayduo.com/

Thanks again, your feedback is really interesting. Don't hesitate to try it more and give us more feedback.

Adam

9. Adam 2D

Adam 2D Member

May 9, 2014
    CEO & Creative Director
    Oslo, Norway
    Hi guys,

Leave your mail address in the comments below if you want to be a beta tester.

Thanks
    Adam

10. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I would love to beta test for you but, I don't feel comfortable with putting my e-mail in an open forum....

11. talwar

talwar Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Dude this game looks right down my alley and would love to beta test
    [email protected]

12. Adam 2D

Adam 2D Member

May 9, 2014
    CEO & Creative Director
    Oslo, Norway
    Hi guys,

Talwar, I added you to our beta list, don't hesitate to share your feedback we'll be very happy.

Lavender, you can add your email address to the beta list form on our website here: http://iplayduo.com

Thanks
    Adam

13. Adam 2D

Adam 2D Member

May 9, 2014
    CEO & Creative Director
    Oslo, Norway
    No one wants to try DUO! ?

We are proud to tell you that our official website has been nominated by CSSWinner! but we need your help to be the Winner. Please vote for us!

http://www.csswinner.com/nominees

Adam

14. Adam 2D

Adam 2D Member

May 9, 2014
    CEO & Creative Director
    Oslo, Norway
    We released the launch trailer!!!

Tell me if you have any feedback
    Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p9QjlD-iPs

15. magicfreak