★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Reactor Lite is an addicting classic arcade game with a few new twists. Featuring swipe controls and gameplay customization, Reactor Lite is a fun way to burn time and bring volatile reactors under control! Reactor Lite 2.0 now includes 3 different game play modes: CLASSIC, MELTDOWN, and CONTAINMENT (Unlock all levels of each game mode with an upgrade).

CLASSIC - Eliminate a set of radioactive elements without breaching the reactor while watching for surges (optional) and working around lead obstacles (optional).

MELTDOWN - The reactor has gone nuclear and only you can keep it at bay. Radioactive elements are continuously being added to the reactor and its your job to eliminate them to prevent a breach.

CONTAINMENT - While somewhat innocent looking enough in the beginning, Containment mode quickly can get out of hand as each Radioactive element produces waste elements periodically. Its your challenge to eliminate all the active elements before a breach can occur.

For the next level in your Nuclear Physicist career, challenge a friend or foe in multiplayer mode to a race for containment.

What people are saying:
- "Reactor Lite's controls are spot-on."
- "I download it and played it for a while and I love it!"
- "I love the graphics."

Reactor Lite takes place deep in a secret power plant where all that stands between nuclear fallout and containment is your skills as a nuclear physicist. Use special neutralizing agents to eliminate dangerous active agents in the reactor. Get 4 or more of the same color in a row to eliminate the active agents. However, due to the instability of the reactor, random and dangerous surges are known insert undesired agents into the reactor (optional gameplay). Clear them out before things get out of control! For an extra challenge, turn on lead obstacles and see if your skills can handle it.

For gameplay controls, players can touch and drag on screen to skillfully place agents in either left, right, or downward directions. Also simply tapping anywhere on the screen will rotate an agent pair. For a classical experience, turn on the visible button controls in settings.

Scores are saved in one of the 5 the newly integrated global OpenFeint leader boards. Now you can compare your own standing to the rest of your fellow physicists. 16 New achievements have been added to stretch your limits and test your inner skillz.

- 3 Single player game modes with up to multiple levels of gameplay and 3 different speeds (Upgrade required for all levels in each mode)
- Optional random surges in all game modes
- Lead elements in certain game modes for an extra challenge
- Great visuals, music, and sound effects
- 2 Multiplayer connection options-Either WiFi or Bluetooth (Upgrade Required)
- 5 new global leaderboards
- 16 new achievements
- Touch, drag, and optional button controls

Privacy Policy:

frankthe2nd's comments:
I just got my first app in the app store approved. Its gameplay is more or less Dr. Mario but a totally different approach. Its called "Reactor Lite" and its FREE so check it out if you like those kind of games. The paid version, which is in its final stages, will include a head to head multiplayer via bluetooth.

09-12-2009, 05:45 PM
cool, no reason not to try something so will do

09-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Totally different? Well, maybe not so much. It's a very polished variant though. Very nice. So is there anything else included in the full version other than multiplayer? Would I be able to select a level higher than 10?

I like the lead obstacles. Makes the game a bit more challenging. The random surges can be a bit annoying, but I guess that's the whole point of them. It's nice that it's an option and not a forced game mechanic.

The controls work pretty well with some rare mishaps when I want to slide the piece but my Touch registers it as a rotation instead. It would be nice to see a preview of the next piece.

Last edited by Mister Mumbles; 09-12-2009 at 09:26 PM.
09-13-2009, 02:11 AM
I don't normally download lite versions of products (just a personal thing), but this one actually showed up on a different thread I was following and I decided to give it a shot. I actually quite like it. It's probably the most polished version of a Dr. Mario clone that I've played on the iPhone, and the drag and turn controls work remarkably well. I don't think I used the on-screen controls more than once the whole time I played. The two main things I didn't like were that (1) there was no "instant drop" feature, and (2) that one level basically constitutes a "game". I hope in the full version you'll be able to advance levels automatically as you're playing. I also agree with the sentiment that a "next piece" preview would be nice.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
09-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I'm still polishing up the full version and I'll try to incorporate as much feedback as possible and update the lite version as well.
10-06-2009, 09:34 PM
full version now out

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Reactor Lite update available (1.1)

Update to Reactor Lite now available (1.1). Its a simple update that first addresses the size of the game by cutting it in half. Secondly it has updated difficulty levels. Now goes up to level 12 (which I think is impossible) but heck, some people wanted it to be even harder. And lastly, the scoring has been re-worked so endless gameplay doesn't increase your score. Your score is now determined by eliminating active elements, the speed of the game, the quickness of eliminating elements (longer game time means less points), and bonus points if you get combos when eliminating elements. Enjoy!