★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: An arcade fire fighting water collect 'em-up with 256 floors of raging flames! Introducing Chief Jax "JD" Dallas.

Guide JD through the ever changing floors of a towering inferno. Grab the axe to chop down doors & rescue your fallen fire fighters while escaping the roaming flames and explosions.

Before heading up the stairs to the next floor clear the area by collecting all the water droplets to douse the flames. But remember to keep track of the floor temperature, even a Burnin' Ranger can only handle so much heat!

Classic arcade style and challenge
An action-strategy-puzzler
256 randomly generated levels
Onscreen 4-way directional control
Swipe control with adjustable sensitivity
Universal iOS
Pay once, play forever. No in-app purchases
Game Center leader board
01-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Code for Burnin' Ranger for first to view the thread!
JLRTXEEWJFAY

01-11-2015, 07:14 PM
Thank you!!!!!
JLRTXEEWJFAY
01-11-2015, 07:24 PM
Looks a nice old skool game. What are the controls like ?
01-12-2015, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Looks a nice old skool game. What are the controls like ?
This is essentially a pacman game. The controls are a little weird. It's swipe controls but it's possible to stop halfway before a corner. This is possible because the character is not completely confined to a line. There is a tiny amount of wiggle room. I don't think the controls work that well.
01-12-2015, 02:24 AM
I think as a pac-man clone its over priced
01-13-2015, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
This is essentially a pacman game. The controls are a little weird. It's swipe controls but it's possible to stop halfway before a corner. This is possible because the character is not completely confined to a line. There is a tiny amount of wiggle room. I don't think the controls work that well.
I've called the controls Swipe but they are slightly different. They work by calculating the direction by reading the first touch then the distance to the second touch based on the adjustable length, but there is also no need to remove your finger from the screen as it will read the next direction just by sliding your finger the required sensitivity length.

Screen size between ipad/iphone will effect the swipe sensitivity but most of the test players all preferred different swipe lengths.
01-13-2015, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul99 View Post
I think as a pac-man clone its over priced
Its two dollars ! Second lowest price point there is. Indie devs need to get some money you know. 2 dollars !!
01-13-2015, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Its two dollars ! Second lowest price point there is. Indie devs need to get some money you know. 2 dollars !!
It would be nice if Apple would add a price point between the current lowest and second price point.

Also out of that two dollars apple takes 30% first.
01-14-2015, 11:16 AM
What did you guys think of the doors and axe mechanic?