★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Meet Weldon. Yes, that's his picture on the icon. Weldon is a young mage from the town of Kentridge forced into studying wizardry, and he hates every moment of it. After agreeing to assist an investigation into a local food shortage, Weldon along with his long time friends Steven and Madeline set off on an adventure that will change the world forever...

What this game contains:

* A single player RPG filled with adventure, magic, and mystery
* An engaging and "hilariously ridiculous" storyline
* Many recruitable characters, all with their own abilities and spells
* Realtime combat

What this game does NOT contain:

* Micro transactions. Period.
* A silly artificial party size cap. All your party members are active all the time.
* The latest and greatest 3D graphics an animations.
* Multiplayer.

What are people saying?

"Mounting Force's hilariously written dialogue and uncontrollable desire to collect new characters makes it an app to remember!"
- Danny Begnoche, Beta Tester

"With a large roster of supporting characters and witty writing Mounting Force is one of the most unique and entertaining RPGs I've ever played."
- Philip Erbe, Beta Tester

"A masterpiece for the ages. This game is better than Dark Souls!"
- No one ever
01-12-2015, 05:56 PM
I'm going to try this simply because of the humor in the description

01-12-2015, 07:09 PM
Without IAP (i was hoping a premium unlock) does that mean there'd be ads?
01-12-2015, 08:07 PM
Let's go try it EP might be one of thuse truly free games
01-13-2015, 06:01 AM
The script in this game really is hilarious! However the "tremble" of the characters and the screen every time i move stops me from enjoying the game for more than 5 minutes at a time. Also you can destroy parts of the 2d background a la minecraft, which i found confusing. And you can only control the wizard.

Fix this by animation or coding to remove the tremble, allow us to control other characters, and do something about the background destruction (it looks very crude). I would pay to buy this improved version. I mean, the cat ate the fireball scroll and exploded? A girl is so cute noone would hurt her, so she is the perfect human shield to the adventuring party? hilarious
01-13-2015, 11:23 AM
it's in the US Store now and it's free! From the description sounds like it's at least worth a try, thanks!
Update: it's free but there are ads on the screen at all times and it actually reduces what you see on the screen.
The failure is you can't pay to remove them which I would almost do if they would add a control pad. This is one
of those touch the spot you want to go games and that's a deal breaker for me almost every time. So yes it has
ads and no you cannot get rid of them and yes they will interfere with the game and controls suck for me because of what I mentioned above. Now here is the bad part this game has so much potential and could be very fun. i will check
on updates for it in the future but as of right now I have to delete it.

Last edited by Dailon80; 01-13-2015 at 11:34 AM. Reason: I downloaded and have played a few snippets :)
01-13-2015, 11:38 AM
Yup, I played it for a few seconds and was turned of by the awful
screening shaking.

Yuck!
01-13-2015, 05:18 PM
I could not get passed the first tap and the entire screen shook
01-13-2015, 07:08 PM
Hi All!

Mounting force lead developer here and thanks for taking an interest in our game! I'm glad a few of you have enjoyed the humor thus far, and I wanted to let you know we are committed to making this game the best it can be. It looks like the biggest issue right now is the screen shaking. I'm surprised this didn't come up during beta testing, as it looks like its a widespread issue. Can someone please post a video of this occurring and tell me on what kind of device? Also, if anyone has questions about the game, I'd be glad to answer them.

Thanks!
Jason
01-13-2015, 09:56 PM
I have already deleted this, otherwise I would do a video for you. On my 5S, current os and non jail broken, the game is near unplayable when you have to walk around.