★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Playworld Superheroes - Create a hero, BE the hero

01-13-2015, 09:49 AM
Playworld Superheroes - Create a hero, BE the hero

Coming to iOS later this month, Starship proudly present Playworld Superheroes!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Unleash the power within with Playworld® Superheroes, a game that challenges every player to create and then become their own superhero! Enter a land in which craft and imagination unlock a new world of possibilities, and the limits of what’s possible are exploded by your unique creations!

Super-powered playtime begins in the treehouse, a crafting hub in which players let their creativity run wild! Paint, cut, build, and modify your ultimate superhero suit and logo, then jump from the calm tranquillity of the treehouse to the action-packed spectacle of Playworld - the land of your imagination! Under attack by the mischievous Golumites, Playworld needs a hero to save the land from certain destruction, could it be you?

Defeat playful enemies on the ground in intense moment-to-moment action, and jump back to the treehouse to craft new tools and gadgets to level up your powers, then take to the skies for the ultimate showdown with a towering intergalactic monster! Armed only with your imagination, you must skip between two worlds to save them both in a Hollywood blockbuster-styled extravaganza.

With NO in-app purchases or hidden costs of any kind, Playworld® Superheroes offers family-friendly entertainment at a pocket money price-point, offering parents peace of mind and a brand they can trust. Playworld inspires children to star in a blockbuster of their own creation, where adults see just cardboard boxes, children can see superheroes. With eco-friendly messages cloaked in craft and enjoyment throughout, Playworld® empowers a child’s creativity.

The first in a series of mobile adventures, Playworld® Superheroes marks the beginning of a journey with limitless possibilities.

Go to http://www.playworldsuperheroes.com for more information.
Starship is the new studio from Martin Kenwright, founder of Evolution Studios and D.I.D, and creator of MotorStorm. Founded in 2013, the team holds veteran developers from Studio Liverpool, Bizarre Creations and Evolution Studios within its ranks. The team have collectively devised or delivered over 70 console games and platform launch titles, such as WipEout, WRC, and Formula 1. The studio's first game is Playworld, a mobile children's adventure series in which craft and creativity open new worlds of possibility. The first in the series is Playworld Superheroes.

Touch Arcade have just shared our teaser trailer , which reveals the first snippets of gameplay. The game is released later this month and we'll be unveiling more about the game in the run-up to launch.

We'd love to hear what you guys think so far, especially from those of you who have kids of your own.

Starship

Last edited by Starship; 01-13-2015 at 01:23 PM.
01-13-2015, 10:36 AM
Sweetmeat Jesus!

So whats the gameplay like? Can we get a longer video perhaps

If we could harvest human stupidity to run our electricity, and our cars, the world would see a new era of clean, renewable energy. That's an amazing resource we're wasting.

01-13-2015, 11:19 AM
You can indeed, though it won't be finished until next week! We'll spill the beans then!
01-13-2015, 12:03 PM
@appunwrapper Thanks! We've been in development for a year, so we're really looking forward to getting it in people's hands. More gameplay revealed soon, hope you like it!
01-13-2015, 12:20 PM
Can I have a full lightning powered superhero? I'll give you my love and money.
01-13-2015, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starship View Post
You can indeed, though it won't be finished until next week! We'll spill the beans then!
congrats on the game and no IAP first day purchase for me.
01-13-2015, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leocold View Post
congrats on the game and no IAP first day purchase for me.
Thanks! It would appear we're going against the current trend, but we couldn't make the game we wanted to if we were trying to sell something to the players the whole time!
01-13-2015, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Xatu View Post
Can I have a full lightning powered superhero? I'll give you my love and money.
Ha, I'll put it to the team. I'm going to need a superb lightning superhero name to sell the idea in though! Any ideas?
01-13-2015, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starship View Post
Ha, I'll put it to the team. I'm going to need a superb lightning superhero name to sell the idea in though! Any ideas?
The Sizzler

(yeah, don't take my idea lol)