★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Dave Young
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 15.2 MB
  • Version: 1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Arcana: Spell Duel brings high strategy mage duelling to the iPhone in full 3D. Tear down your opponent blast by blast as you construct a careful strategy that will leave him guessing at every turn.

You can play as a Naturalist, or duel as an Arcanist. An Arcanist uses the Arcanix to cast: an ancient device that responds to your gestures by conjuring up magical energies. He cast spells with specific gestures and combinations which he must master. He is virtually unlimited in his power.

A Naturalist cast spells using menus, and is limited in his power.

Features:
Online Multiplayer
Online Chat
Awesome Spell Effects
Head-To-Head on same device
Single Player vs an AI Player
Character Customization
Earn Experience and Level Up

Tohinho's comments:
Arcana Spell duel is out (1.99$) a 3D Spell Game. You can also Play it Online.

09-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Wow that came at a total surprise

edit: you forgot to type that its 1.99...mod can you appinfo the OP

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com

Last edited by skyye06; 09-12-2009 at 08:36 PM.

09-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Wow! You guys are fast! I am prepping the first update already, as I missed a few things with network play (it works but needs some better error handling)

I also had a new baby this weekend and have been a *bit* preoccupied, otherwise I would have come in and announced this myself

But, quickly, here are a couple vids from development:

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/the_davey
Developer of CastleGuard, CastleGuard2, Arcana: Spell Duel, and working on Grudge Match, a new game/eSport/TV Show

Last edited by Prab; 09-13-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: youtube
09-13-2009, 10:08 AM
awesome camera movement when they attack! that in itself is awesome, let alone the rest of the game.

Playing: Hi How Are You, iBlast Moki, Rolando, ScareCrow, and all of my Plus+ games.
ngmoco:] Plus+ ID: Danlipson
Challenge Me!
PM me for free video editing of... anything
09-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Thank you. I have had some additional ideas for camera movement that enhance the multiplayer gameplay as well.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/the_davey
Developer of CastleGuard, CastleGuard2, Arcana: Spell Duel, and working on Grudge Match, a new game/eSport/TV Show
09-16-2009, 01:36 AM
Now on sale for 99c!

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
09-17-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm not sure if I should get this or not... Can someone post a review on here?
09-17-2009, 06:47 PM
i remember when you first started making this game, looks like a great finished product and i will definately grab this!!

Beta Testing:
Waiting for: A true iphone MMO
Currently Playing: I have Iphone game app ADD its hard for me to stay hooked on 1
09-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Once you grab it, post a review please! I'm on the fence about this game, the previous games from this developer were so-so, no offence to you though, Dave.
09-17-2009, 07:55 PM
i wish i could get it but i am at work and sometimes my iphone is weird, i can get into the app store, but i see none of the games logos and i am unable to dl anything, it says the dl will finish when i hook my phone to my computer... it's so annoying!!

Beta Testing:
Waiting for: A true iphone MMO
Currently Playing: I have Iphone game app ADD its hard for me to stay hooked on 1