★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A colorful puzzle game that you can learn in minutes, but master over a lifetime.

Swipe cards to make color combinations.

Align rows to earn bonus cards.

Collect poker chips to use in the bonus round and extend your play.

Game Center Leaderboards & Achievements.

Free to play Standard Mode.

Single In-App Purchase to:
+ Remove Ads
+ Unlock Arcade Mode & Challenge Mode
+ Use unlimited bonus chips.

readysetretro's comments:

COLORswipe

Tyler Ruetz
Genres: Games Puzzle Education Card
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
A colorful puzzle game that you can learn in minutes, but master over a lifetime.

Swipe cards to make color combinations.

Align rows to earn bonus cards.

Collect poker chips to use in the bonus round and extend your play.

Game Center Leaderboards & Achievements.

Free to play Standard Mode.

Single In-App Purchase to:
+ Remove Ads
+ Unlock Arcade Mode & Challenge Mode
+ Use unlimited bonus chips.

Supported Devices:
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPodTouchourthGen
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone4
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPodTouchThirdGen
  • iPadMini
  • iPadWifi
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPad3G

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 5.1.1

Download Size: 38.9MB

01-14-2015, 04:14 PM
Just downloaded. Nice. Paid the $1, will try out the other modes

01-14-2015, 11:19 PM
It's very attractive. Downloading as well. Will pick up and IAP's as well. Nice work!
01-14-2015, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
Just downloaded. Nice. Paid the $1, will try out the other modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezn View Post
It's very attractive. Downloading as well. Will pick up and IAP's as well. Nice work!
Thanks for the support!

Hope you guys enjoy the Lock and Key challenges
01-14-2015, 11:48 PM
Loving this game! Kind of reminds me of a 2048 style play, but with colors not numbers. This is better though. Lots of twists and things to challenge you. Bought the Unlock right away.
01-15-2015, 01:21 AM
Wow! This is brilliant. Also, you can quickly learn the game and the 99 cent unlock removes advertisements (which are pretty unobtrusive) and adds new game modes.

Thanks to LordGek for suggesting the game!

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
01-15-2015, 07:34 AM
I would Love to see some slightly less "pastely" theme options. I love the smoothness of everything but it's so bright.....
01-15-2015, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
I would Love to see some slightly less "pastely" theme options. I love the smoothness of everything but it's so bright.....
Great idea, I'll add a night mode in options. Check for future updates, I'll be pushing an update in a week or so, after more feedback comes through
01-15-2015, 09:40 AM
Game Impressions

Wow!

Going in, I'll admit, I thought, "Cute, a color based take on Threes!" but once I played, it is clearly a twisted and original concept.

I love the game's twisted evolutionary flow:
1) Two different primary colors produce a secondary when merged.
2) Two different secondary colors produce brown when merged.
3) Two browns produce black when merged.
4) Two blacks produce a diamond when merged.
5) A diamond can then be merged with a red or green tile to up it's value.
6) Once colored gems, they can no longer merge and can only be eliminated by grouping with other gems in a 2x2 square.

If the above flow weren't freaky enough, there are 3 other bits floating about the periphery:
1) If you can ever create an entire row or column (5 in a row) of a single color, you'll gain a random powerup (usually some sort of bomb to clear out things when stuck).
2) White tiles with 1-4 little color tags can suddenly appear to muck things up. The only way to clear these obstacles is to simply give them what they want or blow them up.
3) Primary colored poker chips can drop by from time to time. These things are your buds! Just merge one into something like you would a normal primary color tile to earn a chip which can be spent once stuck to get you a random powerup!

My only request at this point, I'd love it if the locks and keys could somehow show up in the regular game at some late stage or maybe just a new high score based game mode with the lock and key element (maybe like a score based gameplay of a connected series of challenge levels?).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 01-15-2015 at 09:45 AM.
01-15-2015, 09:46 AM
A few minor quibbles:

I thought the help presented when first playing the game did not explain things enough (for instance, the overall goal of the game). Regardless, it only took a few minutes to understand how to play.

When finishing a game in standard mode, it would be nice to have an immediate retry option instead of having to go back to the home screen to restart.

The in-game Game Center icons does not give me access to leaderboards and achievements. It jumps right into the Challenge I received with no access to the other areas.

I am loving this game!

Game Center: MarinasideSteve