★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Sparkle Epic is a tremendously entertaining marble popper action puzzle game. Match the orbs before they fall into the abyss and find your way through mysterious lands of startling beauty!

How to play:
1. Tap the screen where you want to launch orbs.
2. Match three or more orbs of same color to make them disappear.

With more than a hundred mighty levels to conquer, exciting orb types to pop, several level goals to master, and awesome boosters to equip, Sparkle Epic offers a marble popping experience like no other!

FEATURES

- Experiment with several kinds of orbs such as boulders and bombs
- Master different kinds of level goals
- Admire state of the art special effects
- Conquer more than 300 challenging levels
- Supercharge your Orb Slinger with Boosters and Powerups
- Enjoy the soundtrack by the award-winning composer Jonathan Geer
- Support for iPhone 6 / Plus resolutions

sink_or_swim's comments:

Sparkle Epic

10tons Ltd
Genres: Games Entertainment Action Adventure
Free

Quote:
Sparkle Epic is a tremendously entertaining marble popper action puzzle game. Match the orbs before they fall into the abyss and find your way through mysterious lands of startling beauty!

How to play:
1. Tap the screen where you want to launch orbs.
2. Match three or more orbs of same color to make them disappear.

With more than a hundred mighty levels to conquer, exciting orb types to pop, several level goals to master, and awesome boosters to equip, Sparkle Epic offers a marble popping experience like no other!

FEATURES

- Experiment with several kinds of orbs such as boulders and bombs
- Master different kinds of level goals
- Admire state of the art special effects
- Conquer more than 100 challenging levels
- Supercharge your Orb Slinger with Boosters and Powerups
- Enjoy the soundtrack by the award-winning composer Jonathan Geer
- Support for iPhone 6 / Plus resolutions

Supported Devices:
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPad23G
  • iPodTouchourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone5
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4
  • iPodTouchFifthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 76.6MB

01-14-2015, 01:51 PM
Looks like luxor looks good

01-15-2015, 12:00 AM
10tons Ltd make some of the best games around. Nice to see a fresh coat of paint on the Sparkle series. Happy to pick this up.
01-16-2015, 02:22 AM
I have yet to lose a life, now have 7. Finished Day 2. Do lost lives regenerate? Or must you complete all levels with given and earned lives?
01-16-2015, 10:44 AM
I really like the Sparkle games but for extra lives it asks to connect to Facebook friends which I dislike doing. Hope my arm is not twisted in doing this if I need extra lives further into the game or I'll have to delete it as I refuse to be pushed into Facebook or anything relative to it.

Add: later into the game it asks if you want to remove ads for $1.99 (which I did) and you also get a power up. It plays great though as all the Sparkle games do.
Oh, asking to buy power ups now for 99 cents and to continue the game its most probable as I no longer can.
Would be nice just to buy the full game outright to know what the actual price is.

Decided to deleted the game. Free to try so if its of your interest, give it a go.

Last edited by Coldar; 01-16-2015 at 05:27 PM.
01-16-2015, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
I really like the Sparkle games but for extra lives it asks to connect to Facebook friends which I dislike doing. Hope my arm is not twisted in doing this if I need extra lives further into the game or I'll have to delete it as I refuse to be pushed into Facebook or anything relative to it.

Add: later into the game it asks if you want to remove ads for $1.99 (which I did) and you also get a power up. It plays great though as all the Sparkle games do.
Oh, asking to buy power ups now for 99 cents and to continue the game its most probable as I no longer can.
Would be nice just to buy the full game outright to know what the actual price is.

Decided to deleted the game. Free to try so if its of your interest, give it a go.
So, after the $1.99 to remove ads, now you are having to pay piecemeal $0.99 increments of who-knows-how-many in order to complete the game? So it could be $0.99 or could $29.99 if they have lots and lots of levels?

I agree, tell us how much it costs to purchase the ENTIRE game, or barring that, state how many increments of $0.99 you are going to have to purchase if you want all available levels. I love the Sparkle series, but with this sort of IAP nonsense, I am regrettably probably not even going to install it so I am not disappointed.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
01-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Horrible! I have to wait half an hour for an extra life. Deleting. Worst Sparkle ever. There is no point in removing ads. It's still a free to play model with or without
01-16-2015, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
So, after the $1.99 to remove ads, now you are having to pay piecemeal $0.99 increments of who-knows-how-many in order to complete the game? So it could be $0.99 or could $29.99 if they have lots and lots of levels?

I agree, tell us how much it costs to purchase the ENTIRE game, or barring that, state how many increments of $0.99 you are going to have to purchase if you want all available levels. I love the Sparkle series, but with this sort of IAP nonsense, I am regrettably probably not even going to install it so I am not disappointed.

This is unfortunate to hear. I've been a fan of 10tons for quite a while and across many platforms. Always appreciated being invited in sandbox for BB10 when I ran reviews. But I agree a standard IAP model is needed if you want to appeal to raw gamers. FB Connect usually spells trouble for my personal tastes. I avoided the Sparkle release previous to this one because it had a similar FREE To Play model.

Jaakko, if you're reading these we would love a clear idea of the games cost is?

Regardless of all my gripping after reading these Forum posts I still love the game. It looks gorgeous on my 6 Plus screen and is as enjoyable as any other 10tons release. Looking forward to a clear purchase price(s) and quality releases.

Regards,
@rezn
01-17-2015, 03:46 PM
If Peggle went F2P then why shouldn't Sparkle right? I really dispise this pay model, it's ruined so many great games and is really a black eye for 10 Ton in my book. Every game shouldn't aspire to be Candy Crush because they never will, they just ruin their games. I wish they wouldn't trash such beloved franchises like this, they did it right with Crimsonland, but this is just wrong
01-17-2015, 10:41 PM
I forget to add that in order to continue the game I have to complete 3 challenges. I think I was on level 27. I didn't know what were the challenges but it ask me to ask a friend on facebook or pay $0.99 to continue. That was the end of my play as I couldn't continue on. Bye bye game.
99 cents to disable the ads
99 cents to buy an extra life
99 cents to buy each power up
99 cents to continue playing the game if you couldn't accomplish 3 challenges

I can't believe there are people who give this game a good rating on the AppStore. I guess they enjoy tossing money away