★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best tank and mech games?

01-14-2015, 05:31 PM
Best tank and mech games?

What are some of the best PREMIUM tank and mech games?
01-14-2015, 11:28 PM
That would be world of tanks.

You might want to be a little more specific. Like rts or turn based or fps. Unless you have no preference.

01-14-2015, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
That would be world of tanks.

You might want to be a little more specific. Like rts or turn based or fps. Unless you have no preference.
I am looking for premium tank and mech games that are action or simulation based. Wold of tanks is freemium. Any good paid premium?
01-15-2015, 04:12 AM
Sadly these are hugely underrepresented genre on the appstore. Fortunately there are these fantastic premium titles, hopefully you'll like them. The mecha titles may not be the mech-type games you're looking for, but i recommend checking them out.

Tanks: Battle Supremacy
Mechs: Liberation Maiden, Ex Zeus 2
01-15-2015, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Sadly these are hugely underrepresented genre on the appstore. Fortunately there are these fantastic premium titles, hopefully you'll like them. The mecha titles may not be the mech-type games you're looking for, but i recommend checking them out.

Tanks: Battle Supremacy
Mechs: Liberation Maiden, Ex Zeus 2
Thank you!! I'll check them out later.
01-15-2015, 11:11 AM
Having a lot of fun playing Tanktastic.
01-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Love tank & Mech games, and I haven't played many good ones on ANY platform for some time. (I miss staying late Friday nights at work playing Mechwarrior 4 with about a dozen people, complete with CH Flightstick/Throttle/Pedals...)

Looking at the "Tanks" folder on my iPhone I see Battle for Cydonia, Panzer Panic, Little Tank that Could, Lead Wars, Vector Tanks and NanoTank.

I know there was a decent mech game that came out at the same time as Cydonia, EDIT: Heavy Mach 2

iMech is long gone. S.A.M. or M.A.X. or whatever had a mech in it, but was a so-so gamesalad adventure game.

Never played Laminar Research's Giant Fighting Robots on iOS, but on PC it was... interesting. Great sim, not a lot to do though.

Domark's old PC title Tank Commander was probably my favorite PC tank game of all time. Imagine that with today's graphics, networked with different people operating different parts of the tank. On iOS, the main player could airplay their screen to the TV, others would have controls/tactical on their screens and play accordingly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 01-15-2015 at 01:02 PM.
01-15-2015, 02:25 PM
Oh yeah, i forgot to consider the top-down tank and mech titles. I was just assuming Coolpep was looking for something close to a sim.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-15-2015, 02:28 PM
I also forgot about Mech Pilot. Kinda hated the controls due to the on-rails nature of the game though. Kinda sad coz i couldnt get into it.

EDIT: And MetalWars 3 was pretty decent.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 01-16-2015 at 09:27 AM.
01-16-2016, 09:10 AM
Wow thanks for thinking of me. You brought up a thread that I created about a year ago today.😊