★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

App Store Pricing Argument YAY!

01-14-2015, 05:36 PM
App Store Pricing Argument YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moocow View Post
Warning: do not get this game if you have an iPhone 5 or below. Though I'm not even sure any device can handle it given how poorly optimized this game is.
Game is completely unplayable on an iPhone 5 once you get to mid or late stage of the level (big house, extensive underground mining). Framerate drops to below 5. Did they even frickin test this before porting it to iOS? How is it possible a rather high-end machine like iPhone 5, granted not the latest iDevice but still capable of handling most high-end 3D games let alone a 2D game like this, runs at 5fps??
It's also extremely buggy, I think I just encountered a game-breaking bug...
and they raise the price at 10 bucks!?!? this guys are out of mind!!!
01-14-2015, 09:01 PM
The feature identical PC version sells for $18.99, so... ?

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
—Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins—

01-15-2015, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
So a shitty port that runs at 5fps with game-breaking bugs that forces you to restart the entire world is worth $10.99?
01-15-2015, 12:33 AM
If you're facing game-breaking bugs and poor performance maybe get in touch with the devs? The information is readily available. And I haven't faced any problems with the game. It's been a stellar port from my experience and easily deserves the $9.99.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
—Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins—
01-15-2015, 06:35 AM
From Week to Week a Price Increase!? From 4€ to 10€. Really Bad Price Politic
01-15-2015, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTK View Post
From Week to Week a Price Increase!? From 4€ to 10€. Really Bad Price Politic
Lack of critical thinking is a big problem in this world.

1. NOT week to week at all, as anyone who does more than glance at things to whine *could* know for certain without any difficulty at all.

Oh look, I found out the exact time frame. Introductory sale lasted 1 week from it's launch. The secondary introductory sale - which was ALWAYS billed as a sale mind you - lasted a month.

Everyone knew the price was going to go up, well, except you (and the handful of others who have deigned to grace us with their immense wisdom at how overpriced this *bargain* is)

2. The game is being simultaneously developed cross platform for PC & mobile with no lost features. It's an $18.99 title on Steam, it's a $9.99 title on mobile, yet the same game. You can't even pretend they're just porting things since they're running multiple platform development concurrently - they are increasing development and testing cost and time by making it possible to play on mobile with the same feature set as PC and charging us roughly half as much as they think the game is worth because, unfortunately, posts like yours confirm that mobile gamers are an entitled bunch of ******* ******* when it comes to paying for their entertainment.

Anyone complaining at this *announced* price increase never had any intention of supporting the developers adequately to begin with. Game has been out for more than month and already had its first feature expanding update. It has a very positive rating on Steam with more than 2K reviews, yet has only 74 total ratings on the App store. This is why we can't have nice things.

Let's just hope this game doesn't suffer the same fate as Meltdown - abandoned and left knowingly broken for iOS but still going strong on PC & Android (let that last one sink in, Android has a much higher percentage of piracy than iOS, yet the developers were still able to make more money on that platform over iOS because we suck).

Game Center : "Chip H."
01-15-2015, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moocow View Post
So a shitty port that runs at 5fps with game-breaking bugs that forces you to restart the entire world is worth $10.99?
I've had no problems.
01-15-2015, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLW View Post
I've had no problems.
No issues here either, game run flawless on my mini retina
01-15-2015, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
so...? we have excelent indie devs that make gems like Hero Emblems without almost any issue and share with us at only $2.99... so...?

i don't care about PC prices, it's a world that doesn't exist for me in this forum, we're talking about iOS games, so i compare them only with other gems for our devices... or maybe are this devs your brothers?

Last edited by Gwarmaxx; 01-15-2015 at 04:31 PM.
01-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmaxx View Post
so...? we have excelent indie devs that make gems like Hero Emblems without almost any issue and share with us at only $2.99... so...?
LOL

While I don't know for certain, I'd wager the development time for HE next to this game comes in at less than 1% of the man hours for Craft the World (game has been in active development for several months and in semi-public beta since early September) yet those HE bastards have the nerve to charge 30% as much as CTW (that's sarcasm for the impaired )

If a simplistic game that, other than art and localization, can be churned out over the weekend by a couple of skilled programmers is your gold standard, again, this is why we can't have nice things.

Stating you don't care about the PC market doesn't make it go away, and it certainly doesn't do anything to address the number of developers who try their hand at iOS, realize we suck, and go back to PC development where the larger user doesn't freak out at being asked to pay a ten or twenty spot for a good game.

Game Center : "Chip H."