★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

OVERPAINT - a game about color in motion

01-16-2015, 08:58 PM
#1
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 41
OVERPAINT - a game about color in motion

Hello all,

Overpaint is our second puzzle game and is all about color in motion. It will be released in March, 19 for iPad, iPhone, Mac, Android, Windows Phone and Amazon.

Everyone learned how to mix primary colors to create new ones. Same principle applies to Overpaint: mix squares of different colors to clear the circles... its very simple, very clean, but quickly becomes tricky to master!



Playing the game
The goal is to clear all the circles in the screen with a minimum number of moves. To clear a circle just overlap it with the square of the same color. Things get progressively harder as the player needs to overlap squares to create new colors.



We would like to get your opinion, so please leave us your feedback.

Thanks,
LANDKA team
Find out more: website :: facebook :: twitter

PS- We'll have some promo codes soon ;-)


Youtube link | Pop Up


Overpaint will have 200 unique moving puzzles


Last edited by LANDKA; 03-17-2015 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Also available for Android, Windows Phone and Amazon
01-16-2015, 09:12 PM
#2
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: On the toilet
Posts: 4,283
This looks great. For someone who is color mixing challenged (not color blind) do you have a color mixing chart of some kind? It would be great to be able to access it on the pause screen.
Also, what is the how much will Overpaint cost?

01-16-2015, 09:28 PM
#3
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
This looks great. For someone who is color mixing challenged (not color blind) do you have a color mixing chart of some kind? It would be great to be able to access it on the pause screen.
Also, what is the how much will Overpaint cost?
Thanks!
The question mark button does exactly that – it pauses the game and displays a color mixing chart.
The game will be free with IAPs and no ads. It will start with 5 lives. If the player fails to clear the board in the required number of moves, he will lose 1 life. Lives are refilled over time. IAPs options are "Refill lives" and "Lives forever".

Last edited by LANDKA; 01-16-2015 at 09:32 PM.
01-16-2015, 09:32 PM
#4
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: On the toilet
Posts: 4,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by LANDKA View Post
Thanks!
The question mark button does exactly that it pauses the game and displays a color mixing chart.
The game will be free with IAPs and no ads. It will start with 5 lives. If the player fails to clear the board in the required number of moves, he will lose 1 life. Lives are refilled over time. IAPs options are "Refill lives" and
"Lives forever".
Fantastic! You've thought of everything!
Is the lives forever like a premium unlock? No limits? How much will that iap cost?
01-16-2015, 09:49 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Fantastic! You've thought of everything!
Is the lives forever like a premium unlock? No limits? How much will that iap cost?
Exactly! "Lives forever" allows you to play the game with no penalties for losing and retrying. You'll never need to refill lives again.
"Refill lives" will cost $0.99 (Tier 1)
"Lives forever" will cost $2.99 (Tier 3)

This is not a common IAP model, but players who like the game should be able to pay for it only once.
01-17-2015, 03:37 PM
#6
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 2,913
This looks great!
Color is always fun.
01-17-2015, 04:41 PM
#7
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: minnesota
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by LANDKA View Post
Exactly! "Lives forever" allows you to play the game with no penalties for losing and retrying. You'll never need to refill lives again.
"Refill lives" will cost $0.99 (Tier 1)
"Lives forever" will cost $2.99 (Tier 3)

This is not a common IAP model, but players who like the game should be able to pay for it only once.
All freemium devs should follow this model. Great choice. The game looks nice as well.
01-19-2015, 01:30 AM
#8
So when are you planning to release the game?
01-19-2015, 07:37 PM
#9
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by one.sixty.four View Post
All freemium devs should follow this model. Great choice. The game looks nice as well.
"Lives forever" is a fair IAP model because you can play as a normal freemium game with consumable IAPs or you can choose to " buy" the game. The big question is: will it work?...
01-20-2015, 01:09 PM
#10
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicfreak View Post
So when are you planning to release the game?
Overpaint will be released until the end of February. No specific date yet...

Last edited by LANDKA; 01-23-2015 at 05:10 PM.