★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

This sucks... I want to play Darkin'...

01-18-2015, 06:43 AM
This sucks... I want to play Darkin'...

Hi, I live in EU and for some months ago I bought Darkin' on a sale, but I didn't play it immediately. Today I wanted to redownload it and try it for once, but apparently now it's only on the US appstore?! I am so disappointed! Do I basically have to go over to the US appstore somehow to get it and play it? What is this anway?.... I think it was only a dollar or something, but just for fairness sake I should atleast be refunded right?
01-18-2015, 08:02 AM
It's not available at all on any country's store that I know of, even when going to search for purchased apps.

01-18-2015, 09:08 AM
That's such bullshit! I payed for a game that since then doesn't exist anymore?
01-18-2015, 09:10 AM
It's not fair, I agree but if you really want to play it, just buy it from the us appstore. It's only one dollar.
01-18-2015, 09:28 AM
Maybe because it's not available in the US App Store
01-18-2015, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysraptors_to View Post
It's not fair, I agree but if you really want to play it, just buy it from the us appstore. It's only one dollar.
The game cannot be purchased even if the OP wanted to get it. It's been removed from the app store. It cannot be obtained even if it was purchased, since that has been removed from the purchased area.
01-18-2015, 12:07 PM
Yep this really sucks. I really love Darkin. It's completely stupid that Apple does not keep the game on their servers for people who already bought the game. I have a feeling at some point there will be a lawsuit.
01-18-2015, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysraptors_to View Post
Even if it were still available, and the OP has a us account, he would need someone with a Credit card registered in the US to let him use their card details or buy an iTunes voucher for whatever the minimum is over there (here it's 15).

Long shot but do you sync your device to the PC? You can reinstall it that way as when you sync a copy of your purchases are there.

I sync once a week, it's a pain sometimes but I'm happy I have a copy of my fave titles on my PC ( and Dropbox just to be extra safe lol). This seems to be happening more often lately.

You could try finding the dev online and ask if it's temporary maybe. It coukd be something to do with ios8 perhaps.
01-18-2015, 12:27 PM
It's strange that they just had the game on sale less than 2 months ago. I know it'd be counter productive but it'd be nice if they'd let their potential customers know that the game will be pulled soon. It just looks really bad and leaves a bad taste in people's mouths
01-18-2015, 12:34 PM
Obviously always download the game first so you can back it up

Have you contacted the dev ?