★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Kikiwik Games
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 101.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Coins make you explode? Spikes make you bounce!
All of this is normal in the world of Default Dan, a new indie platformer that flips the genre upside-down! Everything in the game does the opposite of what it appears. By using your own instincts against you, Default Dan aims to provide a humorous, mind-bending experience that anyone can enjoy.

In this world, looks can be deceiving. Dans dimwitted best friend has been abducted by a mean-spirited little princess. In order to rescue his friend, Dan must defeat the princess and her army of cute minions.

Everything is backwards: Coins, power-ups and hearts are deadly, while hazards and enemies help you out. It might sound simple, but you will have to retrain your brain and think backwards to survive!

Over 20 stages of pure mayhem await across 4 different environments - new mechanics are introduced along the way to keep you on your toes.

Compete with others for the fastest time. Every stage in Default Dan supports time-ranked leaderboards.

Original Sound Track by "brentalfloss": Brent "brentalfloss" Black lends his musical talents to the game!

** iPhone 4S and below is not currently supported **

sink_or_swim's comments:

Default Dan

Kikiwik Games
Genres: Games Arcade Action
$2.59 NZD

Quote:
Coins make you explode? Spikes make you bounce!
All of this is normal in the world of Default Dan, a new indie platformer that flips the genre upside-down! Everything in the game does the opposite of what it appears. By using your own instincts against you, Default Dan aims to provide a humorous, mind-bending experience that anyone can enjoy.

In this world, looks can be deceiving. Dans dimwitted best friend has been abducted by a mean-spirited little princess. In order to rescue his friend, Dan must defeat the princess and her army of cute minions.

Everything is backwards: Coins, power-ups and hearts are deadly, while hazards and enemies help you out. It might sound simple, but you will have to retrain your brain and think backwards to survive!

Over 20 stages of pure mayhem await across 4 different environments - new mechanics are introduced along the way to keep you on your toes.

Compete with others for the fastest time. Every stage in Default Dan supports time-ranked leaderboards.

Original Sound Track by "brentalfloss": Brent "brentalfloss" Black lends his musical talents to the game!

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone5
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone5s
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad3G
  • iPadMini
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadWifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPhone4
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPodTouchThirdGen
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPhone6
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone6Plus

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 5.0

Download Size: 101.3MB

01-20-2015, 07:17 PM
01-20-2015, 07:18 PM
What better way to piss off the masses and make sure Default Dan ends up being the number one paid app on the App Store?

PEWDIEPIE~!

Also, the game looks frickin' rad.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
01-20-2015, 07:22 PM
How are the controls?
01-21-2015, 01:11 AM
Game looks good so I bought it. Can't say much about it though as I can't get the second level to open. Every time I tap it I get get kicked out of the app. Clearing all apps and a full reset does nothing. Also kicks me out if I try to access the leaderboards.

First level played fine, controls seemed good for a platformer, but beyond what I could play I can't say. There is no Game Center at all for this game, which doesn't make much sense IMHO. Plenty of missed opportunities for some cool achievements in a game like this, as well as proper leaderboards all via GC.

Hopefully a fix for the crashing comes soon. Guess I'll have to wait and see. My advice would be to hold off buying to see what sort of support this dev has. (My device is an iPhone 6+, 128gb with latest OS)
01-21-2015, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
Game looks good so I bought it. Can't say much about it though as I can't get the second level to open. Every time I tap it I get get kicked out of the app. Clearing all apps and a full reset does nothing. Also kicks me out if I try to access the leaderboards.

First level played fine, controls seemed good for a platformer, but beyond what I could play I can't say. There is no Game Center at all for this game, which doesn't make much sense IMHO. Plenty of missed opportunities for some cool achievements in a game like this, as well as proper leaderboards all via GC.

Hopefully a fix for the crashing comes soon. Guess I'll have to wait and see. My advice would be to hold off buying to see what sort of support this dev has. (My device is an iPhone 6+, 128gb with latest OS)
Thanks for the advice. Will do