★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: From the award winning creators of Flick Fishing comes an awesome new fishing game, FAST FISHING!

Fish your way through 22 stunning levels by catching fish quickly enough to avoid running out of time!

Unlock new Gizmos, Rods and Reels as you fish in the 6 different areas, with multiple fishing spots in each area. From the tranquil Shiny Pond to the dramatic Doom Deeps, each spot contains many different types of fish as well as some older and wiser named fish that will be hard to catch.

If you feel like a change of pace, you can tap Just Fish! and fish in any spots youve unlocked for as long as you want in a session.

Fast Fishing can be downloaded and played for free, but players also have the option of purchasing extra space in their tackle box for more gizmos, rods and reels. These spaces also give you Chocolate Crowns which are used to access the Zen Mode areas and can be tossed into the water to tempt bigger fish.

As with all new Strange Flavour games, Fast Fishing uses our PlayNice system to make sure players dont end up overpaying for their play, while rewarding the developers with a reasonable amount for their (hard!) work.

PeteOzzy's comments:

Fast Fishing

Strange Flavour Ltd.
Genres: Games Adventure Entertainment Sports
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
From the award winning creators of Flick Fishing comes an awesome new fishing game, FAST FISHING!

Fish your way through 22 stunning levels by catching fish quickly enough to avoid running out of time!

Unlock new Gizmos, Rods and Reels as you fish in the 6 different areas, with multiple fishing spots in each area. From the tranquil Shiny Pond to the dramatic Doom Deeps, each spot contains many different types of fish as well as some older and wiser named fish that will be hard to catch.

If you feel like a change of pace, you can play the Zen Mode and fish in any spots you’ve unlocked for as long as you want in a session.

Fast Fishing can be downloaded and played for free, but players also have the option of purchasing extra space in their tackle box for more gizmos, rods and reels. These spaces also give you Chocolate Crowns which are used to access the Zen Mode areas and can be tossed into the water to tempt bigger fish.

As with all new Strange Flavour games, Fast Fishing uses our PlayNice system to make sure players don’t end up overpaying for their play, while rewarding the developers with a reasonable amount for their (hard!) work.

Supported Devices:
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone6
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPhone5c
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadMini
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone4

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 45MB

01-21-2015, 06:19 AM
For anyone wondering what the "PlayNice" system is...here ya go: http://www.strangeflavour.com/news/p...press-release/

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

01-21-2015, 06:37 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Zendorphin Send a message via Skype™ to Zendorphin
Looks like one that'll be decent enough.
01-21-2015, 09:23 AM
Game Impressions

01-21-2015, 11:20 AM
Hmm. This is pretty fun. I guess I was just expecting more of an updated version of Flick Fishing. It's still fun none the less. It's just weird trying to fish as fast as you can. Normally fishing games are slower paced. I'll keep plugging away at it though.

Last edited by NOEN; 01-21-2015 at 03:29 PM.
01-21-2015, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
Hmm. This is pretty fun. I guess I was just expecting for of an updated version of Flick Fishing. It's still fun none the less. It's just weird trying to fish as fast as you can. Normally fishing games are slower paced. I'll keep plugging away at it though.
I agree with the speed thing. It just goes against the whole fishing thing having to cast and reel in super quick? I prefer my fishing games a bit slower paced. Haven't tried out zen mode yet tho so that could be what I'm looking for.

Formerly: oooooomonkey.
Gamecentre: Sexy Pirate Arrr
Some Fav Games: ElementalWings, RoverCraftRacing, SaturdayMorningRPG, SpecialTacticsOnline, TheBikingDead, WrestlingRevolution.
01-21-2015, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Pirate View Post
I agree with the speed thing. It just goes against the whole fishing thing having to cast and reel in super quick? I prefer my fishing games a bit slower paced. Haven't tried out zen mode yet tho so that could be what I'm looking for.
Zen mode is what you're looking for

Basically it's there for when you just want to fish without the timers and works the same as the old fishing spots in Flick Fishing, except that you unlock them in the main (Fast) Fishing game.

Once you've reached a new area you unlock it for Zen mode and can pay Chocolate Crowns to enter it and fish as long as you want until you exit to the main menu or exit the game.
01-21-2015, 12:12 PM
I wonder if this one will include Bluetooth or local multiplayer like in Flick Fishing? that was one of my favorite things about it.

When to use A or An in a sentence.
Use A if the next word begins with a consonant sound.
Use An if the next word begins with a vowel sound.
**Game Center** Nekcik
01-21-2015, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekcik View Post
I wonder if this one will include Bluetooth or local multiplayer like in Flick Fishing? that was one of my favorite things about it.
It will at some point. You'll also be able to use it as a controller for the Mac version (and Oculus Rift version) eventually too.
01-21-2015, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwilnik View Post
Zen mode is what you're looking for

Basically it's there for when you just want to fish without the timers and works the same as the old fishing spots in Flick Fishing, except that you unlock them in the main (Fast) Fishing game.

Once you've reached a new area you unlock it for Zen mode and can pay Chocolate Crowns to enter it and fish as long as you want until you exit to the main menu or exit the game.
Okay, at least there's that! I agree with Sexy Pirate that fishing is not supposed to be fast and furious but rather relaxing and kick-back, but this is games here and everything can be tweaked for a fantasy effect! It's all good, right?! I'll be snagging this later on!