★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Retro Wings offers a cargo full of hilarious pilots, crazy planes, and insanely hard worlds to complete. Become a brave pilot on a retro mission to maneuver your plane to the end of each level by surviving a seemingly endless amount of tricky obstacles in a series of dangerous worlds.

Reach higher to the skies, and show off your skills by doing crazy loops and perform breathtaking stunts with dozens of different planes and characters. We have animals, super heroes, movie stars and even other game characters to choose from. Spread your wings, collect coins, receive free gifts and master each world of destruction in Retro Wings.
Play this game for free over and over again, no matter where you are. Dont think its so easy because this game offers a real challenge. Fly till you die and retry till you succeed. There is only one road to cross that finish line.

To double the fun we include two unique gameplay modes offering level-based flying and endless survival-action. Choose your favorite mode of Retro Wings and show the audience what it takes to become a true retro pilot.

Travel back in time and enjoy this 8-Bit trip, a true pixel blast from the past.

FEATURES
- Addictive game play with a challenging, increasing difficulty level
- Over 12 pixelated worlds with crazy obstacles and unique looks
- Over 25 well known characters and famous planes to choose
- Two different gameplay modes for endless retro gaming
- World Map with more than 70 different levels
- Tons of exciting achievements to compete with your friends
- Awesome gifts and free items
- Play it for free - over and over and anywhere
- Awesome retro 8-bit graphics for a vintage look and feel
- Chiptune music tracks and selection features
- 5 Languages to choose from: english, thai, german, português and français

Follow us on Facebook to get the latest news: https://www.facebook.com/retrowings.8bit
01-21-2015, 12:49 PM
Decent clone of Rovio's Retry. Not near as good but still a fun game. It definitely needs Game Center though. There are in game achievements, but it would be nice to have both leaderboards and achievements integrated with GC...

01-21-2015, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
Decent clone of Rovio's Retry. Not near as good but still a fun game. It definitely needs Game Center though. There are in game achievements, but it would be nice to have both leaderboards and achievements integrated with GC...
I find control in this one is much easier than in Rovio's game…
01-21-2015, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
I find control in this one is much easier than in Rovio's game…
Yeah, played through 10 levels and it's significantly easier than Rovio's Retry. Played a round of endless too and finally had to crash on purpose because there was no challenge. This one is more a horizontal scroller unlike Retry where your going vertically as well as horizontally, and sometimes going backwards. Difficulty in this one could definitely be stepped up quite a bit. Still a decent game, just not near as fun as Retry...
01-21-2015, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
Yeah, played through 10 levels and it's significantly easier than Rovio's Retry. Played a round of endless too and finally had to crash on purpose because there was no challenge. This one is more a horizontal scroller unlike Retry where your going vertically as well as horizontally, and sometimes going backwards. Difficulty in this one could definitely be stepped up quite a bit. Still a decent game, just not near as fun as Retry...
Change the levels to the challenge ones. It's a button under the map. I thought as you until I played those…
01-22-2015, 11:27 AM
Game Impressions

Retro Wings Gameplay Video

09-10-2015, 03:19 PM
I somehow missed this on launch, just found about it by chance today.

The pixel art looks good and there's a whole bunch of planes/characters to unlock. About the difficulty, it gets a little harder if you want to grab all coins along the way, coz you'll need to do some tight maneuvers to reach some coins in tricky spots. Also, in endless mode you play on different locations depending on the plane you choose, and some locations are harder than others.

I really like it, especially the endless mode, and for free it's certainly worth a shot!
09-10-2015, 04:47 PM
Its a clone of Retry, but this game is doing everything better than the original, better gameplay better art style and design, so even that's a clone still very good polish game
09-10-2015, 06:03 PM
Wow. I missed this too. I actually like it. I took a break from Star Wars uprising and have this a whirl. I like it so much Ibwatched a few ads for the rewards.

It's a fun game with no timers or forced ads. It controls well and every so often you earn enough coins to unlock a new aircraft. It's really cool. I left a nice review on a AppStore too.

Thank you for pointing this game out!

Billy
09-10-2015, 07:01 PM
Are you guys sure that this is the clone? I'm quite sure I've played it on Android around a year ago, before Retry was launched - at least worldwide.

As most here on the thread, I also think it is better than Retry in every way - specially the gameplay mechanics which is what I value most in a game.

And for those thinking it is too easy: things get much harder on the later levels. But the difficulty curve is pretty good, maybe just not for someone who is used to the Retry mechanics and will make the inevitable comparison.

Check out our 16-bit orc-blasting game, Tiny Empire!
www.mgaiastudio.com
Facebook | Twitter