★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath By Oddworld Inhabitants Inc [$5,99 -> $3,99]

01-21-2015, 06:49 AM
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath By Oddworld Inhabitants Inc [$5,99 -> $3,99]

01-21-2015, 10:07 AM
So worth it at full price, a steal at $4.

If you have $4, dont buy anything from your backlog or from the recent weeks. Get this instead, and then congratulate yourself for a great purchase.

01-21-2015, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
So worth it at full price, a steal at $4.

If you have $4, dont buy anything from your backlog or from the recent weeks. Get this instead, and then congratulate yourself for a great purchase.
Bought it on the release, but the graphics were disappointing on iPad 3. Last month I bought an iPad Air 2 and I played a bit, but stopped to play Bioshock (which I finished yesterday).

It seems a great game, but the controls could be improved.
01-21-2015, 12:17 PM
^I agree the controls can be improved, but it is far from being unplayable.

As for the visuals, they provided lots of customizable sliders to balance out performance and visuals. I think it actually looks good for a port on my ipad air.

Having Bioshock (which i agree is a little bit better than Oddworld but they are different genres) doesnt mean you cant play Oddworld anymore, and im glad to have the ability to play both these games with me everywhere i go.

Despite a few flaws, this is still a fantastic port of a cult classic that i can easily recommend, especially now that it's on sale.

These premium ports are the main reason i love iOS gaming. Sure there is the occasional good and balanced freemium title, but in general the appstore is a cesspool of crappy apps aimed to make money than provide enjoyment to the players.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 01-21-2015 at 12:24 PM.
01-21-2015, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
^I agree the controls can be improved, but it is far from being unplayable.

As for the visuals, they provided lots of customizable sliders to balance out performance and visuals. I think it actually looks good for a port on my ipad air.

Having Bioshock (which i agree is a little bit better than Oddworld but they are different genres) doesnt mean you cant play Oddworld anymore, and im glad to have the ability to play both these games with me everywhere i go.

Despite a few flaws, this is still a fantastic port of a cult classic that i can easily recommend, especially now that it's on sale.

These premium ports are the main reason i love iOS gaming. Sure there is the occasional good and balanced freemium title, but in general the appstore is a cesspool of crappy apps aimed to make money than provide enjoyment to the players.
I will play it! I'm only trying to focus on a small number of games or else I never finish any of them. Just stopped it because Bioshock hooked me harder, but it will be my next action game.
01-21-2015, 01:36 PM
I have finished this game and I am now playing the highest difficulty
01-21-2015, 03:18 PM
The very definition of a no brainer.

Fantastic game.
Fantastic port.

A must have.
01-22-2015, 08:03 PM
Great game no doubt about it. I do not have it on the iPad though, I purchased it on steam during the last sale. I got it and three other odd world games in the "odd bundle" for a grand total of $3.64. Better deal by far on PC and I don't have to mess with touchscreen controls.

I wanted it after reading the reviews on here as I'd never played it before. Totally worth it.

Love the game though!
01-23-2015, 02:17 PM
So glad I waited a bit. Awesome.
01-23-2015, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar0d View Post
So glad I waited a bit. Awesome.
To save $2....... LOL