★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Pondnetic
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 40.6 MB
  • Version: 1.02
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A contender for the next Sudoku! Unlimited puzzles! Only one optional IAP.

Shirodoko is a contender for the next Sudoku! This logic puzzle game is known by other names such as Kuromasu, Kurodoko, or "Where is Black Cells". Free to download with ads, and only one optional IAP to buy, ever! Even without the IAP you get near-infinite puzzles to play. The lone IAP removes ads and adds more variety to your puzzles by allowing for more board sizes. 9x9, 6x12 and 10x18 sizes are included. With purchase any size from 5x5 to 20x30 is possible.

Pondnetic's comments:
This is the developer here. I just released my first game this week! The lone IAP removes ads and gives customizable puzzle sizes.

It's a fun logic puzzle game where all you need to do is place tiles. It has a much easier phone interface than Sudoku. This game is also known as kuromasu, kurodoko, etc.

Here's a review http://www.slimgamer.com/20213/shiro...he-new-sudoku/

01-22-2015, 06:58 AM
I gave this a try, and it looks like something I want to like, but the tutorial could use some work. It seems like it's got great potential if it holds your hand just s bit more in the beginning. I am pretty sure I get it though....

01-22-2015, 07:20 AM
Just in case anyone was unclear about the rules, imagine that every number is a watchtower, looking in all four directions (up, down, left, right), and the number says how many squares they can see, including themselves. The colored blocks are 'walls' that block their view. From the numbers, determine where the walls are.
Also, walls cannot touch side to side, but corner to corner is okay.
All un colored squares have to be in one continuous area in the solution.
01-22-2015, 10:38 AM
I like this a lot, but I wish each of the numbers would change color or show some kind of indication that they "see" the correct amount of space and walls. As it is now it's kind of hard to tell how close a puzzle is to being completed until it's suddenly done.
01-23-2015, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm currently trying to improve the tutorial but can I get more feedback on what exactly you didn't grasp before that you get now?

Hints are problematic. Because a number could have the proper connectedness but still be the wrong solution, and there's always the rare possibility that a puzzle will have more than one solution (that affect the numbered tiles). Furthermore solving these puzzles are very computationally expensive so hints are impractical
01-25-2015, 06:39 PM
Just submitted an update. It only contains minor bug fixes however
01-25-2015, 09:48 PM
I think what would be a great addition would be "greyed" walls that dont count as part of the wall solution, but are open areas that are not being used by numbers. That would allow better visualization of the areas that need concentration, but also make the puzzle less confusing. If i were doing this on paper, i would have something in those areas that are empty and unused.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
02-05-2015, 07:09 PM
pluto6: Is marking tiles with the pencil not enough?

And the update is out, finally! I'm working on a few small interface improvements for the next update.

I will likely put in optional hints to show if a number has the right or wrong number of connecting tiles with the next version too, which is my most requested feature.