★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Nathan Gitter
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 3.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Dodge all the multicolored balls in this disco-themed adventure! Be careful, it's harder than it looks!

Featuring randomly-generated fields of balls to dodge through, each round is distinctly unique. As your score increases, the balls move faster and faster so be prepared! Be on your toes, you never know when the rules of the game might change...

nathangitter's comments:
I made a fun little game called Disco Dodge! It's pretty simple, but is deceptively difficult and engaging. It's free with no ads, and requires iOS8.

01-22-2015, 06:55 AM
Hi Nathan,

Cool game, quick game. I was able to get a highscore of 45.

Quick notes:

- Beware of no-win scenarios. I got to a point where I couldn't fit anywhere through the disco lights. I'm not a fan of failing because the game won't let me continue. This didn't happen on my best run, but I have a screenshot if you'd like to see it. Let me know. As a rule, I'd suggest leaving at least 2x space between the disco lights so that players can get through tight spaces.
- I died several times in the beginning over the course of 30 seconds because I didn't grasp why my blue circle kept going to the left. "Tap to Start" didn't help because I thought I could move the circle with my thumb. I suggest putting in some quick icons to teach the player (see "Flappy Bird" game start).
- Music was cool, but I thought it'd be more disco-ish? Lol, that's just a personal comment.

Good job on the game, keep making new ones!
01-22-2015, 06:56 AM
Oh and send me a message if you'd like to see the screenshot where there's no way for me to proceed without dying.