★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best Free RPGs

01-22-2015, 10:11 AM
Best Free RPGs

I am looking for a great free RPG, that's preferably turn-based, but any RPG to scratch my itch would be great.
01-22-2015, 11:57 AM
Cardinal Quest 2 is one of the best roguelikes, and the pay model is really balanced for its freemium front.

Adventure to Fate Battle Arena just came out yesterday, and it's a pretty deep turn-based RPG. AND, it's pretty balanced as a freemium.

Tiny Dice Dungeon's surprisingly balanced too.

Other than these i dont know any freemium RPG without the usual freemium traps getting in the way.

Im really curious as to why you are looking for freemium titles when there is a good amount of premium turn-based RPGs available.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 01-22-2015 at 11:59 AM.
01-22-2015, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post

Im really curious as to why you are looking for freemium titles when there is a good amount of premium turn-based RPGs available.
+1 there are some great premiums

If we could harvest human stupidity to run our electricity, and our cars, the world would see a new era of clean, renewable energy. That's an amazing resource we're wasting.
01-22-2015, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post

I just don't have any money at the moment.