★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Nicholas Mahoney
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 125.1 MB
  • Version: 1.5.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A unique, fun action-puzzler: You are up against an evil, forgotten supercomputer from 1983 who, for some reason, has pixelated the World's Art Masterpieces (Da Vinci! Michaelango! Banksy?!). Use your street-artist skill: Outline to Depixelate paintings, Tap to Paint and Destroy the Bots. Free PowerUps! Awesometown! Save the Planet!!!(?)1!BBQ!!!

DEPIXELATE...
...and unlock over 20 Art Masterpieces in 6 Museums including work by Da Vinci, Bansky, Van Gogh, Zoos Joos and More!! Each pixel is "painted" by outlining with your brush.

DEFEAT...
...9 different enemy types populate each level. Enemies are destroyed by tapping "painted" pixels. Matching colors correctly makes for a challenging replay option.

GAMEPLAY...
...is addicting, challenging and a unique take on the classic arcade puzzler. Intuitive controls and features like adjustable game speed and zoom depth make for an awesome game.

POWERUPS...
...equip up to 4 of 10 power ups and 1 of 3 brushes for each level. Items are purchased using game currency from the in-game store. NO IN - APP PURCHASES REQUIRED! ** The game is designed to use these powerups and in game cash is easy to get!

bumbleduck's comments:
[center]
The DePixelator

Genres: Games Puzzle Action
$1.99 USD

[SIZE="5"]

Quote:
In this fun, unique action-puzzler: A forgotten supercomputer from 1983 has grown self-aware and Pixelated the world's Art Masterpieces in low resolution. Use your technological skills as a street-artist to defeat the computer and its microBOTS. DePixelate the worlds paintings and SAVE THE PLANET!!

DEPIXELATE...
...and unlock over 20 Art Masterpieces in 6 Museums including work by Da Vinci, Bansky, Van Gogh, Zoos Joos and More!! Each pixel is "painted" by outlining with your brush.

DEFEAT...
...9 different enemy types populate each level. Enemies are destroyed by tapping "painted" pixels. Matching colors correctly makes for a challenging replay option.

GAMEPLAY...
...is addicting, challenging and a unique take on the classic arcade puzzler. Intuitive controls and features like adjustable game speed and zoom depth make for an awesome game.

POWERUPS...
...equip up to 4 of 10 power ups and 1 of 3 brushes for each level. Items are purchased using game currency from the in-game store. NO IN - APP PURCHASES REQUIRED! ** The game is designed to use these powerups and in game cash is easy to get!

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.1

Download Size: 125.1MB

Thanks for checking out my game!

EDIT:
Adding some extended gameplay footage! NOTE: THE SOUND IS NOT ENABLED FOR THIS VID, ONLY BACKGROUND MUSIC.

01-24-2015, 10:39 PM
Does look pretty sweet!

01-24-2015, 10:55 PM
thanks sugimulm. i'm going to PM you a promo code!
01-24-2015, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbleduck View Post
thanks sugimulm. i'm going to PM you a promo code!
Thank you Bumbleduck! Will leave impressions later when I get some play time in. Thanks again!
01-25-2015, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
Thank you Bumbleduck! Will leave impressions later when I get some play time in. Thanks again!
Looking forward to your impressions. This game looks quite intriguing. I'll check back in this thread in a few.

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
01-25-2015, 12:02 AM
Looks fun!!!! I'll get it when I got home!!

Currently Playing: Crashlands, Pokemon Heart Gold, Digimon Re: Digitize, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Officially moved to android
01-25-2015, 12:12 AM
Game Impressions

First off thank you Bumbleduck for the code!

Played a few levels and game plays like Qix, line areas to unlock paintings, which are quite beautiful. There are bots to take you down each with its own mechanics to interrupt your progress of unlocking the art work.

Controls seem repsonsive, and the first few levels are easy to get you accustomed to the game.

There are equipment to unlock and purchase with in game coins to assist your progress.

First issue, a game like this should be universal, so others can experience the game on a iPad, seems like this would have built for it.
Second issue, Menus could use. Little "pizzazz" seems a little bland, in my opinion. Especially on a game that is based on art.
Final issue, controls should have more options, say swipe or possibly directional buttons.

These issues are minor and do not detract from the game, overall worth the price of $1.99, maybe universal build to sweeten the pot.

Overall I do enjoy the game, especially Qix tyoe games, the unlock able equipment and story will keep you from getting bored, lol.

Great job and with a little enhancements, could be a hidden gem.
01-25-2015, 10:44 AM
thanks for the feedback! the game is actually 99% ipad ready, just need to test it a bit. next version will be universal.

RE the menus, i actually made them Simple as a choice because there is so much stuff going on. easy enough to spice em up a bit, thanks for the advice.

overall, i'm happy to hear its fun! i'll take a menu appearance criticism any day!!!! thanks again!
01-25-2015, 04:37 PM
Hmmm! This looks interesting! Might have to pick this up! Gonna wait for some impressions.
01-25-2015, 08:13 PM
bigrand1 and chaos, check ur pm's for promo codes. thanks for the interest! appreciate any feedback, hope you enjoy it!