★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Robin Knothe
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 5.8 MB
  • Version: 1.00
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "The best color-matching-shape-addition-puzzle-action-game on the appstore ... and probably the only one."

-The Developer

RobinK's comments:
Hi guys,

I want to present you my new game "DotSum".
It's a color-matching-shape-addition-puzzle-action-game
The story behind the development is the following: I showed "Dots" to my mum and she didnt like it, because it was to easy in her opinion.
So I decided to develop a similar but far more challenging game: "DotSum"

CONTEST: I will hand out some promo codes of my other game "Gravity Freeze" to some people who post theire highscores in this thread. Simply make a screenshot of your startscreen of Dotsum and post it here.

Regards,

Robin
01-26-2015, 04:26 PM
Game Impressions

I really appreciate Dots and your game is inspired by Dots but not a copy.
Your concept is great and well implemented : congrats !
Just the ad banner is here all the time and I feel it really disturbing.
Good for you, I am in a "sponsor kind of mood" and buy the ad remove option.

Not sure to be in highscores today, I will train again before posting the screenshots ...

01-27-2015, 02:17 AM
Hi Ptibulle. Thanks for yor reply and thanks for your IAP. You are right. Ads are annoying but today the only way to monetize your game as an indie.
But it seems that nobody clicks on banner ads so maybe I switch to full screen ads. But you wont be affected by it anyway

Dont hesitate to post your highscore screenshot here. For now there is no competition anyway. So you will probably get a free copy of my other game Gravity Freeze.
01-27-2015, 06:40 AM
I progress in the game, still great !

I agree with you for monetizing your work.
As gamer, I prefer a full screen ad after a good session.
Some dev uses the full screen ads right at the beginning : very aggressive ...
Not easy to find the right balance between a good user experience and monetizing your game...

I am interested in this because I just realize a puzzle game : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/platofoo/id952472115?l=fr&ls=1&mt=8
This is my first experience, I have no business issues in it and it makes me happy just to see the downloads from all around the world.
So I choose to let it free with no ads...
(I won't be the Businessman of the year )
01-27-2015, 02:30 PM
You are right. Balancing ads is not easy. There is always a conflict between earning money and not to annoy your players.
I'd rather make premium games then fremium but its nearly impossible to sell games as an indie.
01-27-2015, 05:13 PM
interesting idea!
I will try this

free, first person view scifi adventure game: https://www.facebook.com/Dead-Cyborg-157189304366315/
01-28-2015, 05:40 AM
@amaurote: Thanks a lot. Feel free to post your thoughts about my game in this thread.