★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

King of Thieves (By ZeptoLab UK Limited)

01-27-2015, 04:07 PM
King of Thieves (By ZeptoLab UK Limited)

Dmitriy Momzikov
Genres: Games Arcade Adventure Entertainment

Steal gold from other players around the world and design your own dungeon's defense in this colorful platformer.

- Unique platformer game with PvP multiplayer.
- Steal gold and precious gems from other players.
- Design your own dungeon to protect your treasury.
- Upgrade your traps and craft outfits for your character.
- Use boosts to break the defense of other players' dungeons.
- Beat 80 levels in single player mode to test the dexterity of your fingers.
- Compete with other players in leagues for epic rewards.
- Get to the Golden League and become the wealthiest thief in the world!

Dark days are upon the Kingdom. An evil mage has turned all the citizens into weird and ugly stone totems. The sole hero, who can save them happens to be… a thief?

Yes, a mighty and nimble thief, who just so happened to get lost in a dungeon for a couple of days while the mage was performing his sinister ritual. But now free, with hands itching for justice and empty pockets, the thief is ready to save the kingdom, and grab plenty of precious loot along the way.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone5
  • iPhone4S
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone4
  • iPadMini
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone6
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone6Plus

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 86MB

01-27-2015, 04:09 PM
Game Impressions

01-27-2015, 04:37 PM
Still looks interesting to me, anyone know if it has cloud saving so I can keep my progress when I download the UK version? And also play on my iPhone and iPad.

Edit: Also the game is not showing on the CA or UK store for me.

Last edited by ste86uk; 01-27-2015 at 04:40 PM.
01-27-2015, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by ste86uk View Post
Still looks interesting to me, anyone know if it has cloud saving so I can keep my progress when I download the UK version? And also play on my iPhone and iPad.
The soft launched version is a different app by a different dev, so no icloud saving.
01-27-2015, 07:53 PM
I guess I'll just wait instead then. If it weren't for the dungeon part of it I wouldn't even try a platformer like this with just running and avoiding obstacles but the building a dungeon and stealing from others makes it more appealing too me.....depending how the free model works.
01-27-2015, 08:49 PM
I went ahead and dug out my CA account to give it a shot, and boy is it good!

Sure it's filled to the brim with freemium tropes, but it's like Super Meatboy had a baby with Castle Doombad and then Clash of Clans was its wetnurse.

Tons of fun puzzle platforming, fun Dungeon designing, and the usual wonderful Zeptolab art and animations. I definitely recommend giving it a shot.

I'm totally blown away by this, really really good.
01-27-2015, 11:13 PM
Can this be played solo offline? I'm not really interested in continuously protecting my family jewels.

I liked Zepto for their full premium offline games i can play anywhere so I'm hoping you can at least play part of this without that multi-player aspect.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
01-28-2015, 01:36 AM
So if it has no iCloud and it's by a different Dev as a softlaunch anyone know of its worth putting much time into or is it just worth trying a little bit to see if I like it when it does come out.

No idea if there's anyway to save ect or if they will wipe it all anyway.
01-28-2015, 05:45 AM
I think there will be no wipe. No good dev will uninstall their playerbase and freak the progress. It's much easier to make transfer than face and work with the wrath of users. Especially for famous companies. So if it's really Zeptolab, everything should be fine.
01-28-2015, 12:45 PM
I'm having a ton of fun with this little gem.
Not really a fan of platformers usually, but this game hits a nice balance.
The levels are quick and fun, and being able to challenge other players with your custom base, upgrading traps and layout is really cool.

I love that before you can save your base layout, you have to beat it yourself. This means that your layout is actually a representation of your personal skill, not just your upgrades. Pretty cool.

Great, innovative, and fresh.