★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Play with portals and think strategically to escape a series of insanely challenging puzzles.

You may restrict in-app purchasing using your device settings.

Use the power of portals to create your own path out of 100 increasingly challenging mazes. With hundreds of stars to collect, will you be able to grab them all and make a swift escape?

[How to play]
Swipe to open portals and create a path to the gold exit star
Try to grab all the stars along the way to earn the best rating
Watch out for deadly lasers, moving levels and other obstacles
Use power-ups to remove obstacles, slow down movement or attract nearby stars

Visit the Chillingo room on the App Store to see more of our great games: appstore.com/chillingo

Important Consumer Information. This app: Requires acceptance of EA's Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA. Collects data through third party ad serving and analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details). Contains direct links to the Internet and social networking sites intended for an audience over 13. Allows players to communicate via Facebook notifications and gifting. To disable see the settings in-game.

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
Privacy & Cookie Policy : http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
EULA : http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/
Visit http://www.chillingo.com/about/game-faqs/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates

PeteOzzy's comments:

Exit Strategy™

Chillingo Ltd
Genres: Games Entertainment Arcade Puzzle
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Play with portals and think strategically to escape a series of insanely challenging puzzles.

You may restrict in-app purchasing using your device settings.

Use the power of portals to create your own path out of 100 increasingly challenging mazes. With hundreds of stars to collect, will you be able to grab them all and make a swift escape?

[How to play]
• Swipe to open portals and create a path to the gold exit star
• Try to grab all the stars along the way to earn the best rating
• Watch out for deadly lasers, moving levels and other obstacles
• Use power-ups to remove obstacles, slow down movement or attract nearby stars

Visit the Chillingo room on the App Store to see more of our great games: appstore.com/chillingo

Important Consumer Information. This app: Requires acceptance of EA's Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA. Collects data through third party ad serving and analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details). Contains direct links to the Internet and social networking sites intended for an audience over 13. Allows players to communicate via Facebook notifications and gifting. To disable see the settings in-game.

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
Privacy & Cookie Policy : http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
EULA : http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/
Visit http://www.chillingo.com/about/game-faqs/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates

Supported Devices:
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone5
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadThirdGen4G

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 74.4MB

01-28-2015, 01:34 PM
Game Impressions

it's kind of disappointing

01-28-2015, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchy85 View Post
YouTube: video

it's kind of disappointing
Thanks. It would be interesting if you could show more of the game, like first show a few levels of game play to get to understand the basics, then show the Options menu, how many levels and chapters there are, Game Center achievements, leaderboards and then some more "in-depth" continued game play.

This game reminds me a lot of Portaball, which is a really good puzzle game and not an easy one at that
01-28-2015, 04:03 PM
I will be back with impressions after midnight EST...

240,000+ Game Center Achievement points
Gamecenter ID: Donny K76
PSN ID: donnydj76
Let's go Yankees!
01-28-2015, 04:21 PM
Saosijs, I just did some research on Portaball. The game is no longer available on the App Store. Have you ever completed it? I recall that it was a fairly difficult game. Can't help but also notice some similarity with Exit Strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saosijs View Post
Thanks. It would be interesting if you could show more of the game, like first show a few levels of game play to get to understand the basics, then show the Options menu, how many levels and chapters there are, Game Center achievements, leaderboards and then some more "in-depth" continued game play.

This game reminds me a lot of Portaball, which is a really good puzzle game and not an easy one at that
01-28-2015, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Saosijs, I just did some research on Portaball. The game is no longer available on the App Store. Have you ever completed it? I recall that it was a fairly difficult game. Can't help but also notice some similarity with Exit Strategy.
Oh, I didn't know that. It simply has been on my iPad since I got it. However, I was forced to stop playing when an upgrade of iOS (7) made it unplayable (at least for me). I opened it today again and now (with iOS8) it works, so who knows I'll give it a second try these days
01-28-2015, 07:09 PM
Let me know of your impression of that game. I am thinking of giving Exit Strategy a try if you find the game to be similar. I might also have a copy of Portaball in one of my iTunes backups. As I recall, Portaball has a lot of time based mechanics and is quite unforgiving if you want to make a run in challenge mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saosijs View Post
Oh, I didn't know that. It simply has been on my iPad since I got it. However, I was forced to stop playing when an upgrade of iOS (7) made it unplayable (at least for me). I opened it today again and now (with iOS8) it works, so who knows I'll give it a second try these days

Last edited by y2kmp3; 01-28-2015 at 08:44 PM.
01-29-2015, 01:55 AM
Exit strategy is a puzzle game with similar mechanics as the Portal.
You have a moving ball, and there are blocks on the level and you need to continuously activate start and finish portals to make the ball travel around the level and collect all the stars on it.

As you can see above, the blue shimmer marks one end of the portal and the orange shimmer marks the other end of the portal.

My main problem with the game is that being a puzzle game I want to take my time and think what to do next. But the game is kind of time based as the ball is always moving and if it hits any white block without a portal the game resets itself :|
So basically I am just hitting around on the screen trying to place portals not because I want the ball to reach someplace but because I want to save it from crashing. Played it for like 15 levels then had to leave because it was more of a time arcade than actually a puzzle (But that's just my opinion).

Many would also like a time constrained thinking puzzle

It had a good feel to it and the tutorial levels were gearing me for something good until the whole time thing came into the picture :|

".. Huerons forces the player into more time-consuming, thought through gameplay something that is sorely missing from a mobile game industry .." - TapSmart
01-29-2015, 12:18 PM
Game Impressions

01-30-2015, 10:49 AM
Game Impressions

I like the idea, but it's too fast for my tastes. Maybe it's because I still need more coffee this morning, but I've also never been a fan of wildly tapping the screen.

I would like this at the slower speed as a causal puzzle game, but as a faster arcade experience I'm like -meh-. There are way better games to play when I want to actively game (as opposed to entertaining myself through commercials).

Oh and $1 for a power-up for a single 30-40 second level is INSANE. I might as well be playing the penny slots in Vegas: more gaming for my money & the chance to win some of it back.