★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Experience the remastered original version of Runespell: Overture combining Poker and RPG with Nordic myths, Battle Hardened Heroes and Heroines and a pinch of alternate medieval Europe!

80 - Addictive poker role playing with real tactical depth making sure every battle keeps you on your toes - PALGN
80 - Overture deals a winning hand with this gem, delivering addictive gameplay in spades - PC Powerplay

MYTHIC POKER
Poker mechanics to duel with your opponents
Combine your poker skills with Power Cards
Monster behaviour balanced based on poker styles and experience

BUILD DECK OF POWER CARDS
Unlock magical power ups.
Defeat enemies and make them your pets or allies.
Stunning 3D special attack effects.
All available as plunder in the game!

NORDIC MYTHS, VIKINGS AND BATTLE HARDENED HEROINES
A compelling and original mystery set in an alternate medieval Europe.
Mix of beautiful hand painted backdrops and evocative 3D characters.
Unlock new battle locations through questing.
Defeat hundreds of monsters each with a unique card set and attack style.

The game will be appealing to cardsharks, fans of RPG elements and tactical gameplay alike.
01-28-2015, 01:06 PM
Another cool PC port for today, though I can't say I knew this one was coming. Definitely double dipping; it's the kind of game that suits mobile play and I enjoyed it more than enough to grab again.

01-28-2015, 01:22 PM
Ooh, this looks promising.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
01-28-2015, 02:08 PM
I played this on PC/Steam years ago, it's really good and will be a good fit on iPad.

I hope this will push them into developing a sequel or something.

We need more RPGs with poker mechanics!

Favorite iOS Games: Swords & Poker Adventures # Terra Battle # Neuroshima Hex # Carcassonne
01-28-2015, 11:41 PM
I can never get enough RPG mixed with other genres. Buying.
01-29-2015, 01:12 AM
This is so much fun! Wow. I have a couple of new thrillers I am dying to read, but I can't stop playing! This is a mlange I absolutely love. It's really fun, and beautiful to look at. And it has what might be the best tutorial I've encountered. Gonna be a late night for me, I think.
01-29-2015, 05:55 AM
Thanks for your fast feedback

Hello guys,

It is great to see your replies about Runespell Overture showing up at the Touch Arcade forum.

We are incredibly happy with the remastered port that was created in cooperation with LittleChicken in the Netherlands.

FYI: There will definitely be more Poker RPG in future. Please send an email to infoATmysticbox.com and we will add you to your early tester list.

I will be following this thread the coming time, so if you have any questions regarding the game, please do not hesitate to ask and I will try to answer.
01-29-2015, 06:52 AM
Would love to see a vid as I'm not familiar with the game. Went to the AppStore to see if there was one available on the developer's page, and there was none. Only a support page with no media. Disappointing.
01-29-2015, 07:55 AM
The game seems my cup of tea but the reviews for the pc version don't sound that great. Are the major criticisms in the game tackled in the 'remastered' version for the ipad or is it exactly the same as on pc?
01-29-2015, 08:57 AM
This is a great game, however I played as far as meeting the big guy in the camp and turned the app off, when I restarted it had no 'continue' option, only 'new game' - so it seems I have to start all over.

Going to shelve this game until I know my progress will be saved properly.