★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Rolando-copyright problems?

12-18-2008, 04:59 PM
#1
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Canada, ON
Posts: 76
Rolando-copyright problems?

is it posible that it will get removed from the appstore for copy right problems because i cant get it until christmass and im scared sony might get rid of it..

if you say your name twice and your not a pokemon concider suicide thx.
12-18-2008, 05:01 PM
#2
i would say no chance, rolando is to locoroco as halo is to call of duty

12-18-2008, 05:01 PM
#3
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson View Post
is it posible that it will get removed from the appstore for copy right problems because i cant get it until christmass and im scared sony might get rid of it..
It made it through into the appstore, and it's like RocoLoco but ISN'T RocoLoco. You're fine. It'll stick. If it get's removed, Apple is in for it big time.
12-18-2008, 05:02 PM
#4
ngmoco is a very large company for the iphone and it would not release such a big title without signing all the papers.

in other words dont worry
12-18-2008, 05:02 PM
#5
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson View Post
is it posible that it will get removed from the appstore for copy right problems because i cant get it until christmass and im scared sony might get rid of it..
Probably not, that would be very unlikely,
If ur thinking that it would get taken off because of copy right issues with locoroko then ur wrong
there pretty different

"Insert generic signature here"

Last edited by CloneWars; 12-18-2008 at 05:05 PM.
12-18-2008, 05:03 PM
#6
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,308
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson View Post
is it posible that it will get removed from the appstore for copy right problems because i cant get it until christmass and im scared sony might get rid of it..
First of all, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but the rules say that your thread title needs to be descriptive. If you just say "Rolando..." that could mean anything about the game.

Anyway, this game is almost nothing like Loco Roco. It has similar gameplay and artwork, but it's mostly different. It will NOT be removed. You really don't have to worry about that. Rolando has been anticipated for months and Sony would've taken action a long time ago if they really thought they needed to.

Just don't worry about it. Be patient and buy it when Christmas comes

Have a good Christmas by the way

[Edit] Oh wow... I saw this thread and it didn't have any replies and after just finishing my post, I see there are like 5 posts. :P I should've typed faster, haha

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-18-2008, 05:04 PM
#7
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 13
It's been well publicized for about 6 months now, I doubt Sony would wait until it was released to go after it.
12-18-2008, 05:11 PM
#8
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by slomper View Post
ngmoco is a very large company for the iphone and it would not release such a big title without signing all the papers.

in other words dont worry
Very large as in how large? 8 people? 10 people?
Their office in SF is tiny.
12-18-2008, 05:24 PM
#9
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Milan,Italy
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson View Post
is it posible that it will get removed from the appstore for copy right problems because i cant get it until christmass and im scared sony might get rid of it..
Why?
Because there are another title with a similar gameplay (not very similar btw).
If this game suffers of copyright problems all the games of the past ten year are illegal for the same reason.
12-18-2008, 05:35 PM
#10
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 149
I wasn't even aware of there being any copyright issues with Rolando? Where did this news break? Is there an article? Or is this a rumor that is going to start circulating?