★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Big Game of 2016 is finally here!

Become a true Touchdown Hero in this top-down tackle-avoider! Choose the
right scheme and swiftly rush down the field.

Use fakes, pushes and spins to avoid being tackled by aggressive defenders.
The unique slow-motion feature will allow you to Spot the Gaps and reach End
Zone after End Zone. Get ready to score big!

Share your scores and challenge your friends!

- Free limitless fun for everyone
- Unique slow-motion feature
- Easy to learn controls
- Loads of teams and characters to unlock
- Different types of opponents, fields and weather conditions
- Original old school graphics
- Great retro-style music and sound effects

Feel free to drop us a line! Were always listening to your suggestions to improve Touchdown Hero! If you have any issues with the app, just contact us and we will help!

While youre in the sharing mood, go ahead and throw us a like on Facebook too, THANKS!

PeteOzzy's comments:

01-29-2015, 03:03 PM
This is good high-score-chasing fun. It reminds me a lot of the original Joe Montana football from the Sega Genesis days I looked at the option to remove adds, and it also states "+ free retries"....what does that mean??

01-29-2015, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief78 View Post
This is good high-score-chasing fun. It reminds me a lot of the original Joe Montana football from the Sega Genesis days I looked at the option to remove adds, and it also states "+ free retries"....what does that mean??
Hi there,

Cool to hear you liked the game!
Touchdown Hero offers one retry after watching a video ad (meaning you can continue your failed run, like one extra life). Removing ads makes this retry free (no need to watch the video and still get the retry) + removes the pop-up ad that shows up every five time you return to the start screen.

Michael from Cherrypick Games
01-29-2015, 03:42 PM
Game Impressions

I am usually not a big fan of high scoring games, but this is fun

Last edited by touchy85; 01-29-2015 at 06:45 PM. Reason: wrong video
01-29-2015, 06:28 PM
Wrong vid Lol

Thx for the info on the retry. Could you make it to where all uniforms can be eventually unlocked through play? The Patriots are my team, and I don't know how the heck I'm gonna pull off 3 consecutive 10-touchdown games Lol
01-30-2015, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief78 View Post
Wrong vid Lol

Thx for the info on the retry. Could you make it to where all uniforms can be eventually unlocked through play? The Patriots are my team, and I don't know how the heck I'm gonna pull off 3 consecutive 10-touchdown games Lol
GO PATRIOTS!
I hear what you are saying about how hardcore the unlock milestones seem. Believe me, it is doable - all you need to do is keep trying and hopefully you will get your team unlocked right on time for the Super Bowl XLIX on Sunday
01-30-2015, 04:42 AM
Might pick this one up, looks alright

Depressing how many Patriot fans there are, probably been a fan of just the last 10 years though ! Amazing when a teams successful and everyone follows them eh ! Bet these Patriot fans arent even from NE !
01-30-2015, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Might pick this one up, looks alright

Depressing how many Patriot fans there are, probably been a fan of just the last 10 years though ! Amazing when a teams successful and everyone follows them eh ! Bet these Patriot fans arent even from NE !
I was born and bred in Boston. I've watched all the fair weather fans over the years. But I remember when they sucked, for oh.....the 1st 23 years or so of my life, and all of every previous generation. Same can be said for the Red Sox. So I AM a Patriots fan

EDIT: U know, that just made me think: When I was a kid the Pats and Sox sucked, so playing as them in ur favorite sports video game usually meant disaster. Now that both have in recent years been very successful, they're either locked behind DLC or have to be won thru extreme means, or at least they take time to open up. I can't win! Lol

Last edited by chief78; 01-31-2015 at 02:48 PM.
01-30-2015, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Scores View Post
Hi there,

Cool to hear you liked the game!
Touchdown Hero offers one retry after watching a video ad (meaning you can continue your failed run, like one extra life). Removing ads makes this retry free (no need to watch the video and still get the retry) + removes the pop-up ad that shows up every five time you return to the start screen.

Michael from Cherrypick Games
Great game congrats on the apple feature!
01-30-2015, 06:34 PM
What exactly is the slow down mode used for when you let your finger off the screen? An explanation would be great & thanks!