★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[iCade] Space Force 8-Bit Aleste ---> FREE

01-28-2015, 07:44 PM
[iCade] Space Force 8-Bit Aleste ---> FREE

FREE, NO ADS, NO IN-APPS

01-28-2015, 07:56 PM
OK, quick:

Identify all the borrowed graphics in this game!

I'll start you off with:

1) Atari 2600 Space Invaders
2) Wing Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

01-28-2015, 08:30 PM
I think I see Gorf!
01-28-2015, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
OK, quick:

Identify all the borrowed graphics in this game!

I'll start you off with:

1) Atari 2600 Space Invaders
2) Wing Commander
After having one of the worst Wednesday's in a long time, I really needed a smile. Thank you.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
01-28-2015, 09:29 PM
I still love this game!
01-29-2015, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
I still love this game!
Yeah, it is a solid game. I enjoyed the original version which was Space Ghost and Buck Rogers themed. Glad to see it remade with a more generic theme. Maybe this version will survive. Now I just need to play it enough to reclaim my spot on the leaderboards.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.
01-29-2015, 11:33 AM
Old school
01-29-2015, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
I still love this game!
You know youre my favorite customer... 😄
Theres even a weapon named after you on this game...
01-29-2015, 05:56 PM
It's funny the science o the app store. I only do the apps for fun, and this one, should be one of the more polished ones I did, and, apparently, nice to play.

Even free, d/l #'s are really low.

Using A = the number of people who find it inside the app store
and B% the percentage of those which download it

I really don't know which one (A or B) I'm missing. I mean, I don't intend to have an Angry Birds or Clash of Clans, but, it's really low.

Here are the keywords: retro gyruss classic 8bit abadox musha fantasy dragon pixel center blast simple cool shooter mania
01-30-2015, 05:25 PM
I think the problem is your naming convention. Who would download something called "Space Force 8-bit in Aleste Darius Mission - Musha iCade World Edition". That's the most BS name I've ever read. If you'd just make an original simple name it would help people find it and would make it easy to spread the word. No way I'm telling my friends to go download a game called "Space Force 8-bit in Aleste Darius Mission - Musha iCade World Edition".

The keywords also don't make much sense for the game. Ok some of them do... retro, shooter... but the rest... eh? They don't reflect the game. This isn't gyruss or abadox. It isn't Dragon Fantasy. It's a simple retro atari 2600 styled shooter.

But also given this is the second (to my knowledge) release of the game and the third (to my knowledge, it may be more) name for the game it really makes it difficult to track.

This is easily the most polished game you've done. But it's so genericly named and hard to find I searched for Mongapop instead of the game when I went to download it. Maybe it should be just called "Mongapop Retroids"?

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.