★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Cortex is your ultimate destination for Firefly Online news and information. This companion app is a great way to manage your profile, stay current with the games progress, take advantage of special offers and gain access to exclusive content (Big Damn Hero interviews, for example).

The Cortex requires at least an iPhone 5, iPad 3, or iPad mini 2.

Experience the Cortex:
The app is absolutely free. Those of you with a basic account can use the Cortex to:
Keep up-to-date with news and special offers
View the cast interviews and gameplay videos
Earn points that will convert to in-game currency
If you dont have an account, the Cortex will make signing up quick and easy.

Almost everything you do in the Cortex earns you Brownie Points. If youre just using the free app, those points will be tradable for in-game currency when Firefly Online ships.

Firefly Online is a self-funded game being created by an independent team of industry veterans who share your love of Firefly. Thank you for your support!
01-29-2015, 01:29 PM
There isn't much to this app. Basically it's just a vehicle to ramp players up to the release of Firefly Online, which is expected to be released this Spring.
03-06-2015, 09:17 PM
There's a bug in the Cortex with the cards. When you open a new pack, it is supposed to tell you how many of the same cards you own, including the one you're looking at, so you can cash the duplicates in for BP if you want to save only one. I have noticed many times that it will say I have three of the same cards so I'll delete two and then find I have none.

I have purchased a lot of packs, otherwise I wouldn't care much about this, but it should be fixed.