★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Getting reviews website

01-29-2015, 09:01 PM
#1
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 35
Getting reviews website

I was searching for ways to get my app noticed and I came across this website called
getappreviews.net

Has anyone used this sort of thing before and is it even legit?
01-30-2015, 12:55 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,656
Course not. Lots of people giving fake reviews for apps

Doesn't help us gamers. Then again there's SO many fake reviews on the App Store it's depressing
01-30-2015, 04:18 AM
#3
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Europe
Posts: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to racr
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoethan View Post
I was searching for ways to get my app noticed and I came across this website called
getappreviews.net

Has anyone used this sort of thing before and is it even legit?
What's your app for and do you have some experience with promoting apps online?

If you give me some general details, I'll try to give you some basic directions. Of course, it should have at least some value.

Recently testing an iPad racing wheel and having fun with Real Racing 3 and Asphalt 8
01-30-2015, 11:50 AM
#4
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by racr View Post
What's your app for and do you have some experience with promoting apps online?

If you give me some general details, I'll try to give you some basic directions. Of course, it should have at least some value.
I'm working on my first game right now. It's an arcade shooter game where you just try to shoot as many monsters as possible to get a high score. I'm not done with it yet but I heard that it was a good idea to look into marketing your app before you release it. And I thought maybe that site might be a good way to get people to play my game after I release it.

I have no experience in promoting apps online, is there a direction you could point me in?
01-30-2015, 03:39 PM
#5
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Europe
Posts: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to racr
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoethan View Post
I have no experience in promoting apps online, is there a direction you could point me in?
You can check a short summary of what you can do for initial push here:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...2&postcount=13

You could open a new discussion thread for your app. If it has value, you'll get noticed by the community as well. Even if you don't get noticed you'll get valuable input for further improvements.

Recently testing an iPad racing wheel and having fun with Real Racing 3 and Asphalt 8

Last edited by racr; 01-30-2015 at 03:44 PM.
01-30-2015, 04:30 PM
#6
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 35
Thanks man, this is exactly what I needed