★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: An old school RPG dungeon crawl featuring 100 monsters, 150 spells, 8 character classes, hundreds of objects, and 30 levels filled with traps, puzzles, treasures, and monsters.

Just like playing on your Apple II or Commodore 64 back in 1984! Bring back the memories.

A new adventure for the Dragon Bane II engine. Princess Demelza has gone missing! You must assemble a group of heroes and set out to find her. Adventure, reward, and peril await you on this massive quest.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

09-14-2009, 06:19 AM
Eh? Those are the dragon bane II pictures, not this new game :S.

No Sig

09-14-2009, 07:30 AM
Yep, version 1.1.4 released on August 30th, but it's confusing as the developer is also the developer of Dragon Bane II, last updated on August 7th to 1.1.4??? Maybe he thought a name change would help it sell better? But both apps are still in the store, so maybe there are legit differences between them...

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!
09-14-2009, 09:49 AM
This is kind of odd. I'm pretty sure the original version of Princess Of Demelza was not developed by Mythological Software. It's definitely a different game, however, and supposedly bigger than the original Dragonbane II adventure. While you could create your own graphics for use with the Dragonbane II editor (I believe), I'm not sure that Princess Of Demelza did, so maybe they just chose the easy way out by using the same screen shots. I liked the original back when I played it on my Pocket PC, but I never played this expansion.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
09-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Looks like it had the same graphics, but yea - they really should put up some different screenshots so people aren't confused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
09-14-2009, 10:10 AM
I was a bit worried about the identical screenshots, so did some digging and came up with a page that tells you more about the expansion: Palmgear.com.

Sadly I've still got two Quest expansions to plough through before I get onto this.
09-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idespair View Post
I was a bit worried about the identical screenshots, so did some digging and came up with a page that tells you more about the expansion: Palmgear.com.

Sadly I've still got two Quest expansions to plough through before I get onto this.
Have you played the original Dragonbane II port on the iPhone? I had my fill of that game on the Pocket PC, but if the engine seems to have translated well to the iPhone I just might give Princess Demelza a try.

Eric Pankoke
09-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
Have you played the original Dragonbane II port on the iPhone? I had my fill of that game on the Pocket PC, but if the engine seems to have translated well to the iPhone I just might give Princess Demelza a try.
It's decent, but the menus sometimes are harder to hit than it was on my Visor, but the buttons for movement are great.

Graphics (as you can see from the screenshots) are slightly blurred.

I'd definitely pick this up if it weren't for the fact that I've got to get through DBII, The Quest and Undercroft (which is really awesome, BTW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
09-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
It's decent, but the menus sometimes are harder to hit than it was on my Visor, but the buttons for movement are great.

Graphics (as you can see from the screenshots) are slightly blurred.

I'd definitely pick this up if it weren't for the fact that I've got to get through DBII, The Quest and Undercroft (which is really awesome, BTW)
Yeah, I really would have hoped they would have optimized it a bit more for the iPhone. I might have been more inclined to purchase it again. I've got plenty of other things to play, though.

Eric Pankoke
09-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. I love old-school RPGs. Never was a big fan of the now popular real-time malarkey - part of that has to do with poor reaction time on my part.