★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Pocket Gamer - I already fell in love with Odd
Indie Game Magazine - Really, really cute
Gamezebo - Lovingly crafted and considered

Odd is not like the other robots. After failing a standardized test Odd ends up in the recycling bin. Help Odd escape the robot factory using building blocks, electricity, and physics!

GAMEPLAY

Each level in this contraption puzzle game presents a new challenge. Build a bridge across a (small) abyss. Design and drive an unsafe car. And ride a robotic centipede, like you always wanted to.

FEATURES

- 100 unique and puzzling levels
- Wheels, motors, circuits, and other building blocks
- Stress free, creative, non-violent game play

FIND OUT MORE

oddbotout.com
facebook.com/oddbotout

PeteOzzy's comments:

Pocket Gamer Coverage: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/...ws.asp?c=63466
01-31-2015, 05:03 PM
Well, I'd not heard of this before but I'm certainly intrigued now!

01-31-2015, 05:31 PM
Pocket Gamer had a preview (I think) of it a while ago, I believe. It looks great, but seriously Pete...your damn threads have cleared out my wallet!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
01-31-2015, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Pocket Gamer had a preview (I think) of it a while ago, I believe. It looks great, but seriously Pete...your damn threads have cleared out my wallet!
Tell me about it...If it helps, it costs me just as much as everyone else!

This looks quite unassuming graphically but going by the contraption-building it could be fiendishly difficult and very fun at the same time. Looks like another wallet raid for me I'm afraid!
01-31-2015, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Tell me about it...If it helps, it costs me just as much as everyone else!

This looks quite unassuming graphically but going by the contraption-building it could be fiendishly difficult and very fun at the same time. Looks like another wallet raid for me I'm afraid!
Haha, yeah...I know what you mean. It doesn't help that the file size is just 10 MBs. Bought, downloaded and giving it a go right now.

EDIT: OKAY, OKAY....LITERALLY PLAYED FOR 2 AND A HALF SECONDS...IT RUNS IN PORTRAIT AND LANDSCAPE, THE APP ICON IS AWESOME AND OMG...O;IFHKWEHFKWEH HE'S SO CUTE. THE WAY ODD CONTROLS AND MOVES ABOUT IS JUST....L;WHDEFWEHRKFHWHERF. BRB.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 01-31-2015 at 06:25 PM.
01-31-2015, 06:20 PM
Alright, minus all the freaking out above...let me just say one thing: This game will be huge. Monument Valley-huge I mean. If the level of charm and innovation present in the first 6 levels is consistent throughout the 100 levels present in the game, I will safely say this belongs on every single person's iOS device. Outstanding work.

01-31-2015, 06:26 PM
So far have done 30 levels. Nothing too complicated but this game oozes charm. You immediately have a connection with the little bots that reminds me of the totem in Monument Valley.

There should be a good 2-3 hours of content here if the level difficulty increases at the pace it has currently gone at.

If you like indie puzzle games, I'd definitely recommend checking this one out.

Twitter: mikelorant
Game Center: mikelorant
01-31-2015, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Alright, minus all the freaking out above...let me just say one thing: This game will be huge. Monument Valley-huge I mean. If the level of charm and innovation present in the first 6 levels is consistent throughout the 100 levels present in the game, I will safely say this belongs on every single person's iOS device. Outstanding work.
Damn it Casket, you're just as guilty as Pete draining my wallet too! Lol, JK, will check this one out, thanks buddy!
01-31-2015, 08:19 PM
... I should have made it a New Years Resolution to stay away from any threads started by PeteOzzy.

Unfortunately, I didn't, and now I'll be two dollars poorer.
01-31-2015, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the impressions. I think I need to give this one a try. Worst thing about having so many great games on ios is deciding which ones to purchase.

ROSSMANBROSGAMES.COM
DOWNLOAD JUMP JACK ON iOS
New Project in the works (Love to hear your thoughts)
Twitter: @rossmanbros @rossman_eric