★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Any ideas for a puzzle game for iOS?

02-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Any ideas for a puzzle game for iOS?

I'm looking to develop a puzzle game for iOS but haven't developed a concept yet. Do you guys have any ideas? Is there a certain kind of puzzler you would to see on iOS that hasn't been released yet?
02-01-2015, 02:39 PM
Check out meteos. I'd play the game if it was freemium just as long as it doesnt have timers that can stop me from playing.

Meteos hasnt been cloned at all, but is one of the best action puzzle titles ever made.

02-02-2015, 09:57 AM
I'll definitely give it a try, never played it before. Thanks for the reply
02-03-2015, 02:07 AM
Actually, I'd LOVE to see an iOS game that plays kind of like Catherine on consoles. It wouldn't be a difficult thing to pull off and I imagine it would also make a great multiplayer game too. It's also a pretty different concept for a puzzle game which is really nice.
02-03-2015, 10:22 AM
Hey i'll check that out sounds interesting. Never heard of that game either.
02-03-2015, 03:20 PM
I'm a sucker for im all puzzles but that have meat to them.

Some of my faves are
Kami
Blek
Dwelp
Twined
Hook
Framed

I'm not fussed about paid or freemium as long as I don't have timers, but I'd tolerate them if the puzzle was addictive enough. I'd imagine it difficult to decide between sticking with a concept that's know to be popular like pic cross style or something totally unique. But I wish you luck with whatever you go with.
02-03-2015, 03:38 PM
I guess I'm trying to land in the middle. Fairly popular yet still very unique. Thanks for all these great examples. I'm going the play the crap out of them for inspiration.
02-03-2015, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Check out meteos. I'd play the game if it was freemium just as long as it doesnt have timers that can stop me from playing.

Meteos hasnt been cloned at all, but is one of the best action puzzle titles ever made.
There was one clone. It was called Mini Meteors. iPad only, for some reason. It was okay, but it left me wanting Meteos proper.

But, yeah, I agree. A good portrait mode version of Meteos on the iPhone with lots of unlocks and stats would be sweet.

GC & Google Play: Jerutix -- Grace and Peace

Last edited by Jerutix; 02-03-2015 at 06:21 PM.
02-03-2015, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post

Have you got a link? The only one I can find is meteos blast? Unless that's the same one?
02-03-2015, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Have you got a link? The only one I can find is meteos blast? Unless that's the same one?
No, that's something else. Doesn't look like the same kind of gameplay. Here's the link to the Wikipedia page. It was an awesome game originally on the Nintendo DS by the same studio that made Lumines. It's sort of a high energy puzzle game that really used the touch screen well. I never bought puzzle games back then, but I think I got this the day it came out (or very very close to it).

GC & Google Play: Jerutix -- Grace and Peace