★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Dragon's Lair LLC
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 1388.9 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Only you, Dirk the Daring, can save Princess Daphne from the clutches of the Evil Wizard Mordroc in this fully animated arcade classic from the legendary animator and director Don Bluth.

It is a dark time in all the land. The Evil Wizard Mordroc has spirited away Princess Daphne to a wrinkle in time, scheming to force her into marriage. As Dirk the Daring, you must race through time to rescue her. A bumbling old time machine (and all the courage you can muster) will transport you on your mission. But you must hurry. Once the Casket of Doom has opened, Mordroc will place the Death Ring upon Daphnes finger in marriage and she will be lost forever in the Time Warp!

The responsive and intuitive controls let you play with or without move guides. You can choose to use 3, 5, or even infinite lives. And exclusively with iPad, you can play through the Original version or the new Directors Cut, which features an alternate ending!

This latest version includes all new HD videos, with Achievements and Leaderboards through Game Center.
02-02-2015, 08:03 AM
I am nearly in tears. I loved this when I was a boy. I know it was just trial and error but under those lights and sounds from the rest of the arcade and standing behind older boys waiting for a game it just seemed and smelled awesome. This one was a wee bit more linear than the first one too if memory serves. Tomorrow can't come quick enough now. For pure nostalgia I may get my kids to play it whilst I stand behind them waiting.

02-02-2015, 08:28 AM
Insta-buy!

Active Soccer 2 the most exciting football game for iPhone & iPad!
Power Disc a cool futuristic sport game
www.twitter.com/TheFoxSoft
02-02-2015, 09:31 AM
How awesome! Is this real
One more thing is this ipad only or both phone/ipad?
update: i wasnt paying attention it's ipad only
another excuse to go get one as i don't currently own one and so can't play this one yet
02-02-2015, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
How awesome! Is this real
One more thing is this ipad only or both phone/ipad?
update: i wasnt paying attention it's ipad only
another excuse to go get one as i don't currently own one and so can't play this one yet
The iPhone Only version came out not so long ago if you're wanting to play it immediately:

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/dragons-lair-2-time-warp/id807479692?mt=8

02-02-2015, 11:18 AM
I'd like to see Cobra Command get released at some point. DL and SA get released all the time but CC is nowhere to be found.
02-02-2015, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
The iPhone Only version came out not so long ago if you're wanting to play it immediately:

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/dragons-lair-2-time-warp/id807479692?mt=8

just downloaded the phone one. Spot on, as ever, Pete. Will pick up iPad one tomorrow and then that's me done for 2015.
02-02-2015, 02:32 PM
Game Impressions

02-02-2015, 02:52 PM
Goodness. Brings back so many memories of my childhood when I lived in England.

Gamecenter: F34RTEHR34PER
02-02-2015, 06:37 PM
Game Impressions