★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Crossy Car - Endless Traffic Crosser!

02-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Crossy Car - Endless Traffic Crosser!

Hi,

I am looking for beta testers for my game Crossy Car. Its a simple cross the road with your car game.

Controls: Touch and hold to stop your car. Release to go.

PM me with your email address if interested. Also looking for name suggestions...

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by SuperRockGames; 02-02-2015 at 11:06 AM.
02-02-2015, 11:22 AM
The controls sound backwards - wouldn't it be more intuitive to touch the screen to accelerate. I'd be happy to beta test for you. Will PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRockGames View Post
Hi,

I am looking for beta testers for my game Crossy Car. Its a simple cross the road with your car game.

Controls: Touch and hold to stop your car. Release to go.

PM me with your email address if interested. Also looking for name suggestions...

YouTube: video

02-02-2015, 11:39 AM
I highly recommend a name change, between the art style and title you're just going to get dismissed as a cheap knock-off a lot like the Flappy games. ...Unless that's what you're going for, in which case rock on!
02-02-2015, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
I highly recommend a name change, between the art style and title you're just going to get dismissed as a cheap knock-off a lot like the Flappy games. ...Unless that's what you're going for, in which case rock on!
I am not looking to make a cheap knock off. I didn't even make a flappy bird clone. My original name was "Tiny Crashy Car". Crossy Car is a working title. It will not feature in the app store.
02-02-2015, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroffolino View Post
The controls sound backwards - wouldn't it be more intuitive to touch the screen to accelerate. I'd be happy to beta test for you. Will PM.
Cool! Sent you invite.

I thought touching the screen to move would be too much work for the player. You would have to constantly keep a contact with the screen to move.

If you are on a crowded bus or train it might be easier to touch the screen only when you need to rather than have a near constant contact with it.

Also as your fuel runs out you are more conscious that touching the screen uses up fuel. This i think adds to the tension ( fun, i mean! )

But i maybe wrong, thats what beta testing is for.
02-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRockGames View Post
I am not looking to make a cheap knock off. I didn't even make a flappy bird clone. My original name was "Tiny Crashy Car". Crossy Car is a working title. It will not feature in the app store.
No, he meant like how when people say the flappy bird clones, they dismissed them as knock offs. He wasn't saying you made one. Just that the name is going to make it seem like a knock off.
02-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Just a few quick thoughts for a name. "Road runner" ,"crazy crossing" , "crossing cruise".....
02-02-2015, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Xatu View Post
No, he meant like how when people say the flappy bird clones, they dismissed them as knock offs. He wasn't saying you made one. Just that the name is going to make it seem like a knock off.
Ah ok. my bad Yes, its a good point.
02-02-2015, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
Just a few quick thoughts for a name. "Road runner" ,"crazy crossing" , "crossing cruise".....
I like Crazy Crossing. But i think i need car in the name for App Store searching.
02-03-2015, 06:43 AM
Still looking for more testers!!! Free donuts on offer ( virtual ones )