★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Reviews in the AppStore really tick me off sometimes....

12-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Reviews in the AppStore really tick me off sometimes....

I hate when I look at a game and I see a million 5-4 star reviews and then amongst them all I'll see a review left by "iPodboi1337" saying "I could not get this game to load so its not good" and then that person will leave a 1 star review.

Reviews like this really mess with ratings on the app store and three should be a way to get rid of them.
12-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopoly View Post
I hate when I look at a game and I see a million 5-4 star reviews and then amongst them all I'll see a review left by "iPodboi1337" saying "I could not get this game to load so its not good" and then that person will leave a 1 star review.

Reviews like this really mess with ratings on the app store and three should be a way to get rid of them.
there have been threads on this already. Yes, I hurts the devs and the games' score but there's not really anything we can do about it right now.

12-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopoly View Post

Couldn't agree more.

What also seems to be messing the review system up lately, is that bright new feature in iPhone 2.2. Delete-to-rate. Logic says, if your deleting an app from your springboard, you despise it so much that you don't care for it. This rating is garanteed to always be low in most cases - Why have the feature?

R-Fly

Founder of RazorianFly.com Co-Founder of RFly.Me. Shorten URLs on your iPhone Contact Me Twitter @razorianfly Plus+ User: razorianfly
12-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorianfly View Post
Couldn't agree more.

What also seems to be messing the review system up lately, is that bright new feature in iPhone 2.2. Delete-to-rate. Logic says, if your deleting an app from your springboard, you despise it so much that you don't care for it. This rating is garanteed to always be low in most cases - Why have the feature?

R-Fly
Agreed. I dislike this feature.
12-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I think they need to delete all reviews having to do with a game crashing. Unless the game really does have a problem of constant crashing. At least 90% of the time, the only reason a game crashes is because you haven't reset your iPhone in a while... There are way too many one star game crash reviews

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Everytime I see one of those reviews, I say in my head:

"Let's see, there's about, oh, 700 4-5 starts reviews, and here you are with a 1-star review saying that the game crashes. Well, chances are that THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR iPHONE, MORON!".

Yeah, it helps

What pisses me off more though are reviews that have random star ratings with comments like: "yeh, its awsom but borig aftr while, cant jump, hfdjskfn..." Come on, guys, coherent sentences...
12-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorianfly View Post
Couldn't agree more.

R-Fly
whoa I didn't know that stuff got sent in I thought I was for your personal use not the world oops I have been reviewng low then now I know
12-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
I think they need to delete all reviews having to do with a game crashing. Unless the game really does have a problem of constant crashing. At least 90% of the time, the only reason a game crashes is because you haven't reset your iPhone in a while... There are way too many one star game crash reviews
ya thats why I posted this, if you look at the reviews for Rolando they are all 5 stars, one 4 star, and one guy who gave it 2 stars because it kept crashing....
12-18-2008, 08:22 PM
What really puzzles me is a 1 one star review with a positive review attached. I saw one 2 star review recently where the person said it was a good game. May have been Rolando.
12-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyemh8 View Post
whoa I didn't know that stuff got sent in I thought I was for your personal use not the world oops I have been reviewng low then now I know
terrible

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !