★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

One Player Pong! It's kinda cool! (I hope.)

02-03-2015, 05:53 PM
One Player Pong! It's kinda cool! (I hope.)

Hey There,

Long time reader, first time poster. My name's Sean and I made this game One Player Pong that is going to go live on the App Store tomorrow. I used to work at Disney Mobile, where I was the Lead Game Designer on games like Where's My Perry? Where's My Water?, and Stack Rabbit (a very cool game that absolutely nobody played- not even my wife).

Anyhow, I left Disney, and am now trying my hand at making games on my own. This is my first stab at that, a small arcade game that I designed and programmed after hearing Bennet Foddy (QWOP) give a speech at GDC. He said that every game designer should make a Pong variant and a Chess Variant in order to better themselves. So here's my Pong variant: One Player Pong! I'd give out some codes, but the game's free, so you'll have to settle for this goofy trailer.

DOWNLOAD THE GAME HERE NOW!

Designs and codes by me http://www.onlinesean.com
Art by the very talented Jeff Campbell http://www.nachotoonz.com
and Theme Song Performance by Mark Saul http://www.markadamsaul.com

Last edited by thatfoolsean; 02-04-2015 at 06:07 PM.
02-03-2015, 10:33 PM
Hey Sean! Good luck with your game dev career.

Though I don't envision myself playing pong by myself, the trailer is a great glimpse into your creativity and I will look forward to supporting your future creations.

Cheers!

02-03-2015, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lickzy View Post
Hey Sean! Good luck with your game dev career.

Though I don't envision myself playing pong by myself, the trailer is a great glimpse into your creativity and I will look forward to supporting your future creations.

Cheers!
I'll be picking this up! I like this dev already! Has a real good sense of humor! Good luck to you, Sean! Here's to you, making lots of $$$ (clinking my glass with you as a toast)!
02-03-2015, 11:31 PM
Thanks! That means alot! Hopefully they'll be more coming very soon! I can't promise that they'll be any more fun, but they will probably be just as free!
02-03-2015, 11:32 PM
Also, a big toast back at you bigrand! I'll always drink to making lots of $$$! (I'll actually drink to most things, but it's a great sentiment nonetheless!)
02-04-2015, 03:52 AM
Here's a mind bender: I played Stack Rabbit but not Where's My Perry?.

Looks kind of amusing. Hope it has a faster mode
02-04-2015, 06:06 AM
I had a good laugh from the trailer, so count me in, does it has GameCenter.

Good luck with your launch tomorrow.
02-04-2015, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
I had a good laugh from the trailer, so count me in, does it has GameCenter.

Good luck with your launch tomorrow.
Does it have GameCenter? Oh it has GameCenter, Mr. "I have the top score in the game right now"!!!! Well done! I've never been able to get past 36, and I made the darn thing! You rule!
02-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hraefn View Post
Here's a mind bender: I played Stack Rabbit but not Where's My Perry?.

Looks kind of amusing. Hope it has a faster mode
Oh, so you were the one person who played that! What did you think of it? My friends and I had a blast making it! Thanks for the luck, I'll need it, I think at last count 200 billion games were being released today!