★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Uber-Stylish - TouchArcade
Fast, inventive gameplay - Gamezebo
Hyper Maze Arcade is the definition of a hardcore puzzle game - 148Apps
An intriguing spin on the endless runner with a thoughtful maze-running element - PocketGamer

*IMPORTANT* This game requires iPhone 4 (or newer), iPad 2 (or newer) or iPod touch 5th generation to play.

Speed through a never ending maze in this arcade style puzzle game!

-Think fast, act quickly: test your skills and reflexes!
-Survive as long as you can in these deadly mazes
-Use various powers to go even further and break your records!
-Feel the music evolving as you play
-Share your score through game center and challenge your friends
-2 modes: hyper and minimal. More coming soon!

Hyper Maze Arcade: the evolution of maze games with an arcade touch.

The gameplay is simple: you control a cube inside a moving maze. When the cube stops at an intersection, youll have to decide its new direction. If you choose right, the cube will continue to cross the maze. If you choose wrong, the cube will follow the wrong path, and eventually remain out of the screen causing the game to end.
As you proceed through the maze, the game becomes more and more challenging and complex!
02-04-2015, 03:57 AM
I'm loving this already. It's another super-hard arcade scorer with a pulsing soundtrack that sends you into waves of adrenaline as you progressively get better. It's a typical maze game with automatic movement, leaving you to choose which direction you take at intersections. It might sounds dull and non-interactive but when the screen auto-scrolls and you panic, you die.

You have to anticipate a few moves ahead, reminiscent of Pac-Man CE DX, where you would spark along the wall when you had already tapped for the next move. Sometimes, you'll send yourself down the wrong path and immediately down another in confusion but recovering is so satisfying. It's very simple and may not appeal to some but there's a cool twitch game here.

There's an unlock IAP for 99c that lets you keep earned XP and remove ads (which are full-screen between games. Annoying, but hardly a reason to complain when you have the means to remove them). There are, unfortunately, consumable energy IAPs that let you restart a game from death, so rather Pay2Win but that seems to only apply the basic game mode. Minimal mode removes this option and there's an upcoming Extreme mode which sounds amazing!

Overall, another great game this year and an indie developer that's going on my watchlist.

02-04-2015, 04:14 AM
Consumables? :/ Godamnit.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-04-2015, 04:53 AM
Game Impressions

02-04-2015, 06:43 AM
Game Impressions

02-04-2015, 10:27 AM
Been looking forward to this. Glad it's out already, not glad I'm working.

Downloaded. I'll give it a shot on lunch break.

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 02-04-2015 at 10:29 AM.
02-04-2015, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Consumables? :/ Godamnit.
This.

I was honestly wide-eyes-interested til i read that part in Pete's review.

Thanks for pointing it out Pete!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-04-2015, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
This.

I was honestly wide-eyes-interested til i read that part in Pete's review.

Thanks for pointing it out Pete!
Don't let that stop you from trying it. It's still fun.

I had such high hopes for it and it didn't quite turn out how I envisioned it would be though...
02-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Almost missed this, the consumables don't sound as bad they could so I'm not gonna let that out me off, plus, I know that my gamecentre friends don't do consumables so when I kick all their arses it's legit haha
02-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Only .99 for pro. This gets rid of ads and allows you to save your experience points. Also you get more energy as you play because you get a bunch of energy when you level up I guess. As long as there is a limit to how many continues you can do in a game I might buy it. The energy buys continues.