★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Ammo Pigs is an action-packed, retro platformer. It looks and plays like the great shoot-em-up, side-scroller, platform games of the DOS era, complete with VGA pixel art graphics.

In the future, highly evolved pigs battle sentient slaughterhouse machines for survival. You have been pulled out of retirement for one last mission. Save the baby piggies, rescue your squad-mates, and shutdown the machines once and for all.

Battle across broken down factories, bizarre futuristic warehouses, and lava filled boiler rooms!

Destroy giant masher wheels and dodge spinning saw blades!

Use rocket and bubble shield power-ups.

Build your full squad and get three lives per level.

Includes full MFi gamepad support.

No IAP or ads.

PeteOzzy's comments:

02-04-2015, 07:07 AM
Looks great. Hopefully see a video soon which shows how it controls

02-04-2015, 08:59 AM
Game Impressions

This is probably my game of the week.
02-04-2015, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the videos. Always find it frustrating when they dont show controls in their screenshots or mention it in the app description so i have to wait for a video instead

Looks a good 'league of evil' type platformer, wouldnt say its VGA style graphics at all, more 16 bit

Love my platformers so i'll get this later
02-04-2015, 11:08 AM
@touchy85
Thanks for the video and could you please tell us/me; are the buttons customizable and can i slide my finger going left/right ? Won't buy if i have to lift my thumb to switch sides. Thanks for your response.
02-04-2015, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
@touchy85
Thanks for the video and could you please tell us/me; are the buttons customizable and can i slide my finger going left/right ? Won't buy if i have to lift my thumb to switch sides. Thanks for your response.
I can't find the options menu at all, not even sound options. So i'm not 100% sure, but i don't think you can customize the buttons.
02-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Wow I'm getting an awesome Genesis retro vibe from this game. The music is spot on, and tHe controls looked pretty crisp.
@Touchy - does aiming occur automatically? (I.e. The closest threat is auto targeted and all the player is doing is tapping the fire button)

EDIT: NM I figured it out. I noticed the "Y" button being tapped to shoot up.

Last edited by chief78; 02-04-2015 at 12:53 PM.
02-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchy85 View Post
I can't find the options menu at all, not even sound options. So i'm not 100% sure, but i don't think you can customize the buttons.
Oh ok...thanks for that, but what about my other question. Do i have to lift my thumb for left/right movement, or can i slide between them ?
02-04-2015, 04:52 PM
Awesome game. Having a blast with it! Controls are tight!
02-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Only looked at the video, but I'd say this is more Goblin Sword with guns which is a good sign. The levels are a lot bigger than LOE it seems. It looks really good, but the action seems a bit too thinly spread out.

I'd like to see this have more elements as the first few stages just look huge but with not a lot of obstacles or soemthing. Maybe the later stages have that.

And maybe a collection of sorts, to encourage more exploration, also makign the exploration part interesting and more rewarding.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword