★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: **NOTE: Compatible with iPhone 4S and up, and iPad 2 and up - also requires iOS6 and up**

****The second episode is available now as an in-app purchase and all the rest of the episodes will be available later on as in-app purchases****

=======

"The quality and love thats clearly been invested in this game is there for all to see, and one that's worth the asking price." 4.5/5 - 148Apps

"The Detail: Episode One - Where The Dead Lie sets things up nicely for the rest of the series. It's sharp, very well written, and you're never quite sure what the cast of characters are going to do next." 8/10 - Pocket Gamer

"From experiencing heinous crimes daily to having to constantly stay on guard to budget issues that directly impede your ability to properly do your job, my time with The Detail was an experience I wont soon forget."
Great: 4 out of 5 stars - Gamezebo

"No matter how you slice The Detail, its just a well crafted experience that will leave a lasting impression." 4.0 / 5.0 - AppleNApps

=======

The Detail, a crime noir adventure in a modern American city.

Controlling the actions of a bitter veteran detective investigating a brutal gangland murder and a reformed criminal trying to protect his family, the player is forced to make tough choices and deal with the resulting consequences of those moral dilemmas. The gameplay focuses on branching narrative mixed with interactive comics, and is completed by a professional audio track.

The Detail combines the emotional impact of Telltale Games' The Walking Dead with the themes of a realistic crime drama like HBO's The Wire, delivered with our own unique visual style inspired heavily by graphic novels. This is city where cases matter, clearance rates matter, and on a good day even justice matters.

The five episode season begins with: Episode 1 Where the Dead Lie and continues in the recently launched Episode 2 - From the Ashes

Features

- Character-driven experience with multiple playable characters
- Branching storyline influenced by the player's choices
- Mature themes for mature players
- Ethical and moral challenges

Awards & Recognitions

"Game Connection America Selected Project Finalist 2014" San Francisco, 2014
"Strasbourg European Fantastic Film Festival Official Selection" Strasbourg, 2014
02-04-2015, 08:33 AM
I was sold on this the moment they name-dropped The Wire, but I'll still wait for a few impressions to pull the trigger.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins

02-04-2015, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
I was sold on this the moment they name-dropped The Wire, but I'll still wait for a few impressions to pull the trigger.
As long as it's a decent port then you're in for something pretty special.
02-04-2015, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
As long as it's a decent port then you're in for something pretty special.
Oh, I didn't know this is a port.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
02-04-2015, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
Oh, I didn't know this is a port.
Yup, it's one of a huge torrent of PC ports we've had recently. Reviews have been very familiar if you played TWD, TWAU or any other Telltale acronym. Effective, well-told, slight repercussions for you actions and a great soundtrack though slightly short and you have to wait for the whole story.

Graphically though, it's fantastic. Can only see it being improved when played in your hands with headphones on.
02-04-2015, 10:27 AM
Looks like a must have at 11pm for me :-)

Edit Cool out in US now.

Last edited by mzinn; 02-04-2015 at 11:45 AM.
02-04-2015, 10:31 AM
This looks good.
02-04-2015, 11:16 AM
Early game of the year contender looks fantasic
02-04-2015, 11:58 AM
Game Impressions

02-04-2015, 01:46 PM
I for one don't like these releases in episodes even when it's something I'm really interested in,I'm always worried that the future episodes won't be released if the game doesn't do well and I waisted my time and money on a small piece of a larger game.when it's telltale no problem but a lot of these game makers need the first episodes to sell well to fund the later episodes